Creature comforts



I'm feeling more 'woohoo!' than 'boohoo' to see that Boohoo have featured a picture of me (and my Dusky Ledoux necklace!) in their street style trend report from LFW! It's actually a really good street style report, organised into specific SS/10 trends with lots of wearable outfit inspiration (from other stylish chicks, I'm not just blowing my own horn here!)



While I'm here, Iet me chuck some pictures and words at you about one of my favourite LFW collections, Topshop Unique. In general, I haven't been as bowled over by collections this season as much as last, but maybe I'm just more of a Spring/Summer person. I was looking through every collection on Style.com today and it felt so weird not to have a Luella collection to gaze at. I really got quite upset about it which is a bit silly. I just loved Luella so much! Anyway, I'll put my violin to one side and entertain you with a few of my favourite Unique looks!






Thank god for Topshop Unique. They really went a long way to filling the fun and quirky void left by Lu. I'd sum this collection up as... Walking in a woodland wonderland! There was scout camp chic with patch-adorned khaki uniforms, as well as nods (well, headbutts, actually) to woodland creatures in the form of Emma Cook headgear and hoofs, as well as plenty of fur and shearling (highlight: shearling bumbag!). I really like the extra long cardigan with squirrels on. It seems peculiar now to imagine wearing a cardigan so long, but I'm sure it'll seem perfectly natural come Autumn! The chunky knit super-high socks are another trend I'm right behind. So cosy looking! The whole collection just makes me feel warm inside.

For god's sake Topshop. Is it not enough that I work for you AND spend my wages in you? Must you dominate my fashion week favourite-list too? You're taking over my life! What next?! I will have to draw the line at fattening up my boyfriend and renaming him Phil.

What have been your fashion week faves and fails so far?

xo

PS - Also glad to see the monobrow is heading for a moment. I'm already ahead of the trend on that one thanks to a mixture of work and fashion week chaos leading to grooming neglect! Probably wrong to feel proud about that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment