An Eyeko extravaganza!



Last night I was invited, along with other bloggers and Eyeko ambassadors, to Eyeko's 10th birthday party.

It was one of the best events I've been to in terms of fun and a friendly atmosphere. Maybe it's because a lot of the Eyeko ambassadors are newcomers to blogging, but there certainly weren't all the egos you can get in the room at some blogger events. There were makeovers, manicures and fortune telling. Cupcakes, cocktails and sweeties. There was a graphic designer there to give us blog layout advice (I didn't get round to talking to her unfortunately. And it shows!) as well as the brand's founders on hand to talk us through new products (they're re-launching a set of six of their iconic Fat Balms!) and have a chit chat.

Seeing the entire Eyeko range up close and meeting the whole team really cemented my love for the brand. They're like a cheaper (and British ♥) alternative to Benefit cosmetics (with a Japanese edge!). In fact, their extra glow cream is better than Benefit's High Beam, in my eyes! All Eyeko products are available exclusively on their site. They used to stock at Superdrug, but Nina (Eyeko's founder) told me this was a regrettable partnership. Apparently they were made to sell their products cheaper than necessary. Uncool, Superdrug!

I decided to become an ambassador, which basically means if one of you lot enter my code at the checkout, you get a free gift and I make a few pennies! Everyone's a winner!

My code is E11298.

Thanks to the whole Eyeko family for a truly fantastic event. And Happy Birthday!

(I'll post picture descriptions at the bottom of the post...)

SAM_0246
SAM_0248
SAM_0295-1 (dragged)
SAM_0253
SAM_0254
SAM_0282
SAM_0278
SAM_0287
SAM_0261-1 (dragged)
SAM_0291

1. The Eyeko cocktail menu
2. Lola's cupcakes that I missed out on because I was too busy chatting away!
3. A non-alcoholic cocktail (the boozey ones weren't to my taste!)
4. One of the tables with sweeties and Eyeko products.
5. The full nail polish range. Not many colours, but they are each so cool and the packaging is divine.
6. Three of the six new fat blams launching in the next few weeks. You can use them on your lips and cheeks. Cute!
7. A Spice Girls CD signed by Emma Bunton. A prize in one of the little competitions they held at the party.
8. Epic lights! Tacky and amazing.
9. One of the models from the Eyeko site was there hanging out with her sister. Her name is Georgina Cummins. She was beautiful, unlike my terrible photography skills. I had quite a giggle with her! She's got a great look and a charming personality so I'm sure she's destined for big things.
10. These were her ASOS boots. EN. VY.


I've got lots of Eyeko goodie bag treats to have a play around with for future reviews. I'll be letting you know of my faves and fails in due course! Don't go thinking being wined and dined by Eyeko will affect my honesty policy in any way!

So do you own any Eyeko products yet? Anything you can recommend to me and fellow readers?

0 comments:

Post a Comment