Tuesday Tip: Scotch Tape nail art

Fiinnalllly, I bring you this week's Tuesday Tip! Blogger has taken 53 years at the very least to upload these pictures. Most annoying! 

I got the idea for this tip after seeing it on Marina's blog. Her blog is a must for any nail art fans! 

The idea revolves around using strips of Scotch tape to create stripes and shapes on your nails. I find this techniques creates better stripes than nail art striper brushes/nail pens. It's also super fun and pretty much free!

It's very important to make sure your base colour of polish is completely dry before putting the tape on your nails. I was in a hurry this evening, so the finish of mine wasn't perfect as I pulled some bits of polish off.

The following pictures are the few different techniques I used with tape, but I have seen a whole blog of ideas, so there's a lot of potential for creating some amazing effects with just polish and some tape! 




Coloured tips: Place a piece of tape in the middle of the tip of your nail and bend the sides of it slightly up to create a curve.

  

Stripey: I think this would work really well with black on white like those nail wrap things. I want to do Navy and white nautical nails. This is such a simple way to get immaculate stripes!

 

Diagonal: Place strip diagonally and paint the lower half.


Candy stripe nails: Same as the striped nails above, just a diagonal version! As you can see, I buggered this nail up by taping it before it was fully dry.


Then Paint on your desired colour and wait for it to dry! I'm using my new favourite gold polish (called 'Metallic Gold') that was sent to me by Beauty UK. It's only £2.49 and is the most beautiful liquid gold shade. I prefer it to all of my Models Own gold ones! Beauty UK is stocked in Superdrug and on their website

By the way, my base colour is my trusty 17 Mint Choc Chip!


The end result:


I just love finding ways to get creative without having to buy anything! Admittedly I did go out and buy the tape but it was only £1. 

Hope you like this week's tip and let me know if you try it out!


0 comments:

Post a Comment