The kids are too alright!



I was reading Susie Bubble's post pondering the diminishment of individuality as a result of today's internet-obsessed, blog-happy generation. It is a really interesting post and made me think of my recent perusal of Elle's online street style page.

There was a collection of picture's from the recent Underage Festival (an indie-emo fest for under 18's) in London. Looking at the pictures of these 14/15 year olds I just couldn't believe how much 'style' was going on! It really is a sign of the times, when I think back to when me and my friends were around that age, moshing around in huuuge flares and blink 182 shirts! We didn't have a clue about style. But those were the days of 58k internet, I suppose! In my house we only had the internet for 2 hours on Sunday so I guess I didn't stand a chance!

Good on these kids for looking fab, I guess, but I can't help but feel a bit uncomfortable about this whole 15-year-old fashionista movement! I'm not sure why. Gosh, I feel an outburst of Keane's 'Everybody's changin'' coming on!

Being an indecisive Gemini I do find it hard to have concrete opinions on anything, which is why I don't usually post blogs like this! So what I would advise you to do, dear readers, is head on over to Susie Bubble's blog for far more coherent thoughts on the matter!

Here are a few of the pictures in question. Enjoy being inspired by the style of these tiny children!







I'd like to hear your thoughts on this matter. Am I wrong to feel a bit weirded out by 14 year olds looking cooler than me?

Yours truly,

Old & uncool from Kent

0 comments:

Post a Comment