Blogger Forum: Tips, Ideas, and Thoughts About Blogging



I have a confession to make:
I'm a nerd*  


As a nerd, I am hard-wired to seek out information.  Some would call it "research", I prefer the term "browsing"...it sounds more approachable/less intense (more Kacie B. and less Courtney).  Well, over the past few months since I started blogging, my browsing has been concentrated to the area of...well...blogging.


I've come across some unique ideas, fantastic business practices and valuable insight from experts across the blogging spectrum.  The problem?  I have all this fascinating information and ideas bouncing around in my head yet no one to talk about it with!


This is Bogey trying to look interested in my blogging questions.  
Q: "Bogey, what do you think about me switching over to a Wordpress platform?"  
A: stare stare stare...


The "Blogger Forum" will be a weekly post (Thursdays) covering a new topic in the world of blogging to hopefully spur discussion, share knowledge, and plant the seeds for new ideas!  


First Topic: 
TRUE or FALSE - 
"Blogging Success is as much about networking as it is about writing."

This is a quote from the gentlemen of ProBlogger, one of the best sites providing practical information for creating + marketing a blog.  I am reading their book as part of my research browsing to learn more efficient ways to manage Marionberry Style.  They preach heavily the value of staying positive in the blogging world and reaching out and building relationships with other bloggers.


How are you reaching out to build relationships?  A few of the more common ways include:



Bloggers also like to comment on other blogs and participate in link-ups to network.

Many bloggers meet and build invaluable relationships with fellow bloggers at conferences.  The number of conferences continues to grow each year.  Some style/design focused conferences that seem to be growing each year include: 

Success is a relative term.  But we all want to produce work that connects us with others. 


So I leave you with TWO QUESTIONS:
1) Do you believe that in order to be successful in the blogging world 
you need to network?
2) What do YOU find is the most effective avenue for networking?  


Can't wait to hear your thoughts and experience!  And please share any ideas not covered in this post.


XO - Marion


PS - Be sure to stop by next Thursday when the topic will be "Breaking Down the Pros/Cons of Google+ versus Facebook"


Email me your photos to be included in the first OFFICE TREND CHALLENGE.  
Click here for details!


*A nerd is not to be confused with a dork or a geek (which if you're interested in the specific differences let's get together for a glass of wine and I'll pour forth my definitions...as only a good nerd can do)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment