This is Not a Fashion Post

I don't think I've ever done a post like this.
The awesome Amanda with DAES of our Lives tagged me in a "Getting to Know You" post. 


The down-low: 
You're asked 11 questions.  
You answer them.  
Then you ask 11 other bloggers 11 new questions. 

I thought it would be kinda fun to step away from the fashion for a second.  
So THANK YOU Amanda!      

1. Where is your dream vacation?
My husband and I are in the midst of planning it!  
Itinerary thus far: Greece, Spain, Italy and Sweden.     


2. If you could have lunch with anyone from any time in history, who would it be and why.
My Mom.  Because I miss her so much (see answer #10).

3. If you were going to spend one year in outer space, and you could take one thing from home with you, what would it be?
Ha!  Does my husband qualify as a “thing?” 


4. Do you like roller coasters?
YES!  I am a little bit of an adrenaline junkie.  My only complaint with rollercoasters is that you wait in line for a half hour and the ride itself is over within 30 seconds.  Poor return on my time investment.

5. Do you make a Christmas wish list (for yourself) each year?
Actually, I don’t.  I honestly feel too greedy making lists of things that I want (doesn't mean I don't want stuff though!)  I’m sure my family would love it if I did as they tell me often that I am hard to shop for…

6. The one song that always gets stuck in your head is...
Whatever song is played over the loudspeaker during morning announcements at my elementary school.  Yesterday it was Journey’s Don’t Stop Believin’ and I was still singing the opening chorus around 3pm 


“Just a small town girl…livin’ in a lonely world!”
(great…now it’s stuck in my head again!)

7. What color is your toothbrush?
Pink

8. What is your favorite movie?
So I know this answer is going to annoy some people…but I don’t have one!  In fact, I am just not a big movie person.  I know, I know…to some this is absurd.  But the truth is they bore me.  I want to go DO something!  (That said, I can watch a football game in its entirety and not be bored…so I guess I’m just weird).


Also, the book is always better than the movie.

9. What is the one beauty tip you know you should do, but you don't?
Just one?
True Confession: I am awful with any beauty routine.  I guess if I had to choose just one, I would say that I don’t moisturize nearly enough.  In fact, I never wore face lotion until a girlfriend of mine pulled me aside and staged an intervention a few years ago (thanks Crystal!)  So now I wear face lotion but I probably need to do more of those mask things…

10. Would you rather forget your mom's birthday or Mother's Day?
I’m not quite sure how to answer this question.
My mom died when I was 15 years old, so I don’t know that I look at either of these days the same as I would if she were still alive.  Mothers Day is often a little difficult (maybe those of you who have also lost your mom could relate) as you tend to feel happy for your memories, sad for your mom because her life was cut short, and then also jealous as you see other women celebrating with their moms.



11. What kind of car do you drive?
I currently drive a black Land Rover LR3.  It’s perfect for the Colorado mountains.


RULES:
  • You must post the rules.
  • Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you and then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged.
  • Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
  • Post their button on your post if they have one.
  • Let them know you have tagged them
I'm tagging:
Savannah @ Rolled Up Pretty

And here are your questions ladies:
1) What is the best gift you've ever received?
2) What color best describes you and why?
3) Dogs or cats?  Explain your choice.
4) What has the ability to make you laugh out loud?
5) What would you order for your last meal?
6) What color nail polish are you wearing right now?
7) What are 2 blogs you think we should know about?
8) Which would you prefer and why: A vacation with lots of excitement and go-go-go OR a relaxing vacation centered on recharging the batteries?
9) What was the name of your first boyfriend?
10) What is your drink of choice on a ladies night out?
11) What is one goal you hope to accomplish for yourself this year?


Thanks for reading!!
XO - Marion


0 comments:

Post a Comment