It's just a bootie call




Sheepskin boots have long polarised opinion and been the scorn of fashion snobs. So, when I was offered the chance to review a pair of Emu boots for Fitness Footwear, I was keen to see what all the fuss was about.



The boots themselves (I chose the Bronte Lo boot in Charcoal) are lined with Merino Wool, which keeps feet cool in hot temperatures and warm in cold temperatures, and an obvious benefit of wool-lined boots is that they are bloody comfy. The sole seems to be made of a layer of foam and rubber which makes them springy and not heavy, as I thought they'd be. Unlike Uggs, Emu boots are double stitched, for durability and longevity.

Will these boots be joining the Emma Cook's as one of my essential A/W foot looks (I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!)? Probably not. When your style crushes are Jaime Winstone and Enid from Ghost World, not to mention having boy hair, the LA casual-cool look isn't easily achievable. So, sorry Emus, it's not you… it's me!

But for those that do fit the bill, these certainly seem like a good investment as they are more durable and less expensive than their competitors! And who knows, what with sheepskin boots being featured in a fantastic editorial in the new Pop Magazine (the full editorial here) and Peaches G proudly rocking her Emus in a goth-chic ensemble (bringing to mind the old chestnut, 'it's not what you wear, it's how you wear it'!), perhaps it's time to give snobbery the boot!



(Pop scan from Fashion Gone Rogue)

0 comments:

Post a Comment