The hair glare.




I'm really liking my orange hair at the moment. It's nice to have a change from blonde. Blonde was nice but I wanted to look more like a mermaid. This was one of the reasons I dyed it! Childish, perhaps!

BUT.

Ever since I have dyed my hair, EVERYONE is commenting on it, wherever I go. Not always nice comments, either. I dyed my hair for myself, and I know it's bright so I should've expected people to comment on it but it's so grating. My boyfriend and I were walking through town and a big group of emo's were just glaring at me! Alex said, 'well what do you expect when your hair is that colour?' which was kind of a shock to hear from him. Why does my personal decision have to involve anyone else? I've always enjoyed being different in the way I dress but I just had no idea how much difference a bright hair colour would make.

"That's different/unique/zaney/quirky etc" I hear these cringeworthy phrases so many times a day. The kind of phrases attention seekers probably relish. But I'm not trying to seek attention. I didn't want 'zany' bright pink or green hair or whatever. I just wanted to be like Ariel from the little mermaid. :-(

I am contemplating just bleaching it out or dying it brown because I literally cant hack the constant comments and staring. And I'm quite disgusted at myself for contemplating that. I just don't see why people have to make it their business what colour your hair is, or what you wear. I have NEVER stared at someone with brightly coloured hair. Looked, yes, but not stared! I don't stare at anyone. It's so rude!

I am just sick of the relentlessness of other peoples opinions. A little old dear who was working in a charity shop earlier said, "Ooooh that's different!!!" to me, and I was like... How do I respond to that? 'Thanks'? I just wanted to say, 'Oh fuck off and leave me alone.' And I'm a people person (eww, another cringeworthy phrase there), so I'm always nice to random oldies if they speak to me! But I guess she was just the straw that almost broke the camel's back.

Sorry for ranting. It's just so annoying. I have never pandered to societies pressures to be normal before but I really am starting to crack up! Any advice? What do you do when you're happy, but everyone makes it their business to infringe on that and give you unwelcome opinions, thus making you unhappy?

I'm going to eat cheese (<3) on toast and watch hollyoaks. Comfort food and comfort telly.

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment