Ellie Goulding: Restyled.



Ellie Goulding is tipped to be a pretty big deal this year, and I can't get her song 'Starry Eyed' out of my head! I do have a weakness for an over-produced and slightly Icelandic-sounding vocal (though she's actually from Hereford!)

One thing bugs me about Ellie, but it's not her fault...

For a hot young singer/songwriter that NME are drooling all over, you'd think her record label would put more effort into her image. I'm not being bitchy when I say that, but you can see from pictures on her Myspace that she obviously has a bangin' bod, but in both of her music videos, she has been styled in the most unflattering (and unappealing) outfits ever.



I was reading an interview with her in Company magazine on the train earlier and she says she's only a size 8-10. But in her videos she looks bigger due to bad clothing choices. She's on a major label which means she'll have no control over her image. With her distinctive sound, if the label gave her the right image (I'm not saying that's a Little Boots full on fashion affair, but there's a way to look 'different' without looking frumpy), she could be a style icon. She's extremely gorgeous and talented so she'll obviously be successful, but a new stylist certainly wouldn't hurt her chances...




Here's the kind of looks I'd put Ellie in if I was her stylist... (enlarge for better view!)

Ellie Goulding Re-brand!


Ellie's label, sort it out, please! There's a stylish badass waiting to get out!

Hope you lot have a lovely Friday night and aren't stuck in doing housework like me. Well I'm about to do housework... Polyvore seems to have made 2 hours disappear into thin air!



PS - Change of plan with the winner of my Valentine's comp. The original winner didn't get back to me, so my NEW Valentine is Gemma from Retro Chick! Congrats, Gemma, and GREAT name if I may say so myself. Ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment