Barry M: Instant Nail Effects review


Hey hey! Happy weekend, one and all!

I'm winding down tonight after a week that has left me positively wound up. Hellish headaches and uni work overload are a pretty uncool combo. TGIF, that's all I can say!

So, I picked up the fairly hyped Barry M instant nail effects polish in Superdrug the other day. I read that it works best over a light base coat, so I opted for Model's Own Mystic Grey:



This is a lovely shade of polish; the perfect grey. It applied nicely and had a great opaque and glossy finish after two coats. It was pretty much there after just the one coat, but I had a lot of time on my hands, so I whacked on another.

Then I busted out the Barry M, which cost about £3.49 I think. It's like crackle polish, you put a coat on and the polish separates so a pattern appears in a few moments. It says not to overlap coats in the instructions, which I found a bit stressful, as the brush only really reaches a third of the nail, so you have to apply extra strokes carefully and really quickly. I'm not sure if I like the finish... Due to the nature of the slightly fiddly application, the finish isn't very consistent (my other hand has quite a blocky pattern). I think it may just take a bit of practice. And maybe another layer of topcoat to make it look more glossy and smooth. Apparently it has a different finish on different polishes, so I'm looking forward to trying it with a different basecoat.




(^ Fail hand)


Looking at my nails now, it does look pretty cool... I think it's a worthwhile purchase for those that like nail art but are too impatient to Konad. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the best out of this stuff? I'm all ears (or eyes!)

Any other nail art products/tips I ought to know about?

0 comments:

Post a Comment