Tuesday tip: Spritz your pits!


Hi chapettes!

I had another tip lined up for you tonight, I wrote half of it this morning, but am not really feeling it now. So rather than stare at the screen uselessly, I thought I'd share a great little perfume tip that has helped me lately. Although I have presented it a bit ridiculously, I hope it will help anyone in my situation...

I don't know about you, but I'm always striving to achieve the 'walk-by effect' with my perfume. You know when someone walks past you and then you get an intoxicating waft of their delightful perfume and you can't help but stop them and ask what it is? It's as though their perfume is more of an aura than an aroma. Auroma, if you will! Well, that's what I call 'the walk-by effect'.

I have suffered years at the hands of invisible perfumes. Apparently if you have dry skin your skin just absorbs the perfume and it stops smelling. That must be me, because I've had Cacharel Amor Amor, Thierry Mugler Angel and Vera Wang Rock Princess in the last few years and hardly anyone has remarked about my exquisite stench! Maybe I am generally a bit stinky and I don't realise, and this just overpowers the perfume. I can only hope to god that this is not the case. Regardless, with perfume costing about £35 a pop, I want to know someone can bloody smell it!

Anyway, a friend recently told me that instead of spraying it all over our necks and wherever else, we ought to be spraying it in an area which I think can only be described as our 'collarbone pits'. If we are spritzing in these little nooks, the perfume just sits there happily instead of disappearing at the first sign of a light breeze!

I actually started doing this a couple of weeks ago, and I kid you not, I am getting compliments on my perfume left right and scent-re! People at work, people I've never met... My Calvin Klein Euphoria is going down a storm. I have even bewitched Alex into a state of total submission, and I haven't had to do an ounce of housework since ! Okay, that was a lie, but you can't win 'em all. Here's a pic to clarfiy the pit region:



So if you feel nasally invisible to others like I once did, maybe you ought to try spritzing your collarbone pits!

Do any of you have any other tips to up our stench factor? Please share!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment