LFW Eve



Evening all!



So, tomorrow is the start of London fashion week. Tomorrow also marks the day of my first assignment for the Asos competition I won! I'm meeting with the Asos team in the morning and will hit Somerset House in the afternoon to snap some stylish people. That sounds a bit violent, doesn't it! Let me know if you're around tomorrow or just come and find me! My other prize for winning the Asos comp arrived the other day too...







Eep! It's so cute. I've been watching the late night NYFW streaming on it in bed. Lovely :) It really will revolutionise my life, being able to type my dissertation wherever I am write new blog posts wherever I am! Thanks again to all that voted. I don't tend to let myself enjoy any success I've had in life, it just makes me nervous. But to have a real-life, tangible reminder that people cared enough about something I wrote to vote for it kind of forces me to feel a smidge of pride. So cheers! <3



I've just got back from London. I was invited to see Fearne Cotton's latest collection for Very.co.uk. I met up with Emily (editor and all-round hottie at My Fashion Life), Fiona (Save Our Shoes) and Corinne (Used and Abused Vintage). We had a giggle whilst drinking cocktails and spotting celebs, and then went into the show.



I think I was seduced by the styling at the time (specs, bows and ankle socks - yum!), because after coming home and looking at the images on the USB stick, I'm a tad under-whelmed. There are some really nice pieces; I especially loved the sixties feel to the peter pan collar blouse and dress, and monochrome 3/4 sleeve dress. The cute dungaree dress is worth a mention, and I'm sure the cream fringey dress will float some boats. But a lot of the other pieces were just... Nothing special. At least to me anywhere. Fearne is regarded by many as such a style icon, I guess I was expecting a little more flare. I did really like some pieces though, so overall I'd give it a 7/10!









I've uploaded all of the looks we saw tonight onto my new Flickr account, so let me know what you think of Fearne's collection.



Off to beddy byes now! Wish me luck on my first Asos assignment! Aargh!







0 comments:

Post a Comment