5 Pieces to Update Your Professional Wardrobe


Marion - I need advice.  What should I purchase to update my work wardrobe?  I need to look more more "VP like" for times when I am meeting with the CFO or attending big meetings.  I need long-lasting items and shoes (not stilettos).  Thanks!

I received this text from a friend of mine the other day.
I immediately thought about a conversation I recently had with my friend Laurie who works at Nordstrom and has awesome style.  Here are a few snippets from our chat:

Laurie: "I'm saving my money to purchase one investment piece of my professional wardrobe each month."

Me: "I think about my work wardrobe a lot like styling a living room.  I spend the most money on the big pieces that I want to last a long time...like a gorgeous couch or an incredible coffee table.  Than accent accordingly with a few fun pieces that are more seasonal and/or trendy...kinda like curtains, pillows, or an accent chair."

Laurie: "Oh...and a good pair of black flats are essential if you are on your feet at work."
(her absolute favorite pair is featured below...she is obsessed with these!)

And yeah...our conversations really are that interesting (insert husband eye roll ;) )

So here are 5 pieces that I feel are an incredible addition to updating any professional wardrobe (and 3 of these are under $100!)

Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment