How Much Would You Pay for This Bag?



How much would you pay for this bag?

It's a gorgeous bag.  Classic + timeless.  The kind of bag you would pass down to your children (if you liked them).   Well Lanvin's "Happy Day" Leather Tote retails for $2,685.  That is a mortgage payment for some.  But is it too much to pay for a bag?  

I suppose the answer is relative.  Oprah Winfrey can walk into any store and drop $50,000 on a bag and not think twice.  But most of us don't share Oprah's bank balance.  That said, most of my friends who do have rather healthy checking accounts still think twice before dropping a large chunk of change on a bag.  They each seem to have their "comfort zone" when it comes to how much they are willing to spend on a bag.   

So what is YOUR comfort zone range?
I have thought about this and I don't know that I can answer this completely.  I love a great deal on a bag that doesn't come with a spending hangover.  Yet I have been known to drop four figures on a bag without blinking but the bag has to meet the following criteria:

1) Will it still be "in" 5 years from now?
2) Are the colors/materials quality and of a timeless nature?
3) Does it look expensive?  Cheap?

Now that I think of it...I kind of think about buying investment purses the same way I think about getting a tattoo!  It's a statement piece that I want to love many years down the road (I don't have any tattoos by the way...I think I buy bags instead!)


One bag is under $100 while the other is over $1,000....can you tell which is which?!



A   or   B
C   or   D
E   or   F

So TWO Questions:
1)  So do you have a "comfort zone" when it comes to buying a bag?  
2) Did you guess the correct bags for the save/splurge game?  If so, I'm impressed!

Thanks so much for reading!
xo - Marion


0 comments:

Post a Comment