Clodges


Today was the start of our quarterly Topshop uniform allowance, where we have a few weeks to buy some clothes with 60% discount. It's not as OMGZ!!1! as you might think, because it can cause a lot of mental exhaustion... What if you use up your 3-item allowance on the first day and then something amazing comes in stock the next week? What if you decide to wait until the end of the time-frame but no cool stock comes in and you have to do a last minute scramble and end up with stuff you'll never wear?

I was sensible today and bought some good old Jamie jeans in a lovely dark blue wash, and some little clog-looking wedges (read: clodges), leaving me 1 item left should anything super cool come into stock. These wedges are the closest I'm gonna get to clogs, because they just don't seem to suit me. I'm happy though, because soon enough clogs will be 'sooo last season daaahhling' but wedges are a pretty good wardrobe staple.

Having said that, I'm going to an epic car boot sale tomorrow morning (providing it hasn't been flooded) and if I find some clogs for under a fiver, I'll give them a whirl! Fashion is a fickle thing, isn't it?

Anyway, here are my purchases, teamed with this funny little top I found in a Parisian secondhand store called Guerrisol. I've never worn it, but for some reason decided tonight would be its debut!




BTW - I had a near death experience tonight. I was boiling some potatoes, but forgot to ignite the gas on the hob. It took me 5 minutes to realise that I'd been slowly filling our flat with gas. I literally freaked out because I've heard stuff like just switching a light on could cause an explosion in these situations. I promptly fled the flat, hyperventilated in the garden for a moment and then called Alex's parents for advice! Meanwhile, Alex was being my hero and picking up the pieces of my kitchen-fail, opening all the windows etc. Anywho, after a bit of parentally-advised airing, the flat was a danger free zone and I resumed boiling my potatoes. Scary to think how close we could've been to death/injury if I hadn't noticed my error!

Have you ever had any near misses? I can laugh about gas-gate now, but it really is scary to think how fragile life is.

Anyway, I'll report back on my car boot sale finds tomorrow! Wish me a happy haul! :)

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment