Debenhams: Swimwear + H! by Henry Holland review!


Perfectly timed with my decision to take up swimming as my exercise of choice, the kind folk at Debenhams sent me one of their Floozie bikinis to add a bit of glamour to my incompetent flailing.

Floozie is the underwear range by design duo Frost French, and I've been a fan for a while now. I've always found Debenhams underwear to be great for the, erm, 'young boob'. I am quite well endowed in this department and I find it can be quite a mission finding a big bra that fits without underwire that's so wide it jabs my sides. I'm not sure why I've decided in my mind these bras are for 'old boobs'... I just have. But I've found Debenham's Floozie and Red Herring ranges are perfect for the young & busty, offering support with super cute design - and without excessive width. I had wanted to try the black polka dot bikini below, but it wasn't available so I opted for this sweet 'spinning top' print one.



Due to these bloody headaches, I haven't taken it for a test-swim yet, but I did wear the top sunbathing a couple of days ago which was a good chance to test out the comfort factor. I found the balcony style to be very supportive and the sizing was very true (no 4-boob syndrome here!) I think It's important when you find an undie brand you like that you can trust the sizing to be consistent, and that's definitely the case with Floozie. The bikini top did feel a bit stiff but I'm sure it'll be more comfy once it's been in the wash. Another bonus is that you can wear the top as a halterneck or strapless, which makes it flexible for all your beach outfits. I'm going to Madrid in July (can't wait!), and I'll be opting for strapless. I don't want a shoulder tan-line in sight!

Debenham's is also home to the amazingly good value H! by Henry Holland range. Here are my favourite swimwear picks from Floozie, H! and Red Herring:


(Top Row: Floozie Spinning top print, top: £18, bottoms: £14. Floozie black polka-dot print, top: £18, bottoms £14.Red Herring bird & flower print, top: £10, bottoms: £8. Bottom Row: H! by HH ditsy frill top: £12, bottoms: sold out. H! White ditsy bandeau: £32. H! Plaid bustier: £18, bottoms: £12)

Speaking of Henners Holland, I nipped to the Debenhams press day last week, and his designs totally stole the show. It was a mixture of Rihanna-goes-girl-scout (bodycon khaki, leather[ish] dress straps), and countryside cool (EPIC brogues, satchels and an amazing plaid cape) with an injection of cute heart and lips prints. If that sounds a bit fragmented, it's probably due to my poor description skills, but in person, the collection makes perfect sense. I really feel like the H! collection goes some way to filling the gaping void Luella has left behind for 'fun fashion'. And I just can't believe it's almost all under £30!




Enough of my ranting, have you tried Debenhams underwear or the H! range? I'm going to London tomorrow and I feel a little H! spree coming on!

xo

Disclaimer: I know I probably don't need to explain this to you guys, but just so you know, everything I write is my honest opinion. I'm not obligated to write about freebies I receive or events I go to, if I don't like it, I'll either tell you or just not post about it at all. I get a bit enthusiastic when I write about stuff I love, and I just don't want you thinking I'm not being myself. ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment