Would You Tell Your Friend?


Dear Marion,
I'm writing because I need some advice on a fashion etiquette issue.  I live in L.A. where what you wear matters.  Well, I do a fairly good job of dressing (or so I've been told) and so do most of my girlfriends.  When we go out at night together, we all pretty much dress along the same lines and spend a lot of time with hair and make-up.  

Well, except for one girl.  And that is why I am writing.  

And I know this is a small problem, but this one girl that hangs out with us totally doesn't fit.  She'll wear baggy grandma-type stuff while we are heading out to nice bars and clubs.  And she doesn't seem to make any effort on her hair and make-up.  

So my problem is that this girl is nice and fun, but she doesn't fit with our group and it makes a few of us uncomfortable.  Should we offer to give her a makeover?  Ask her to try harder?  Or just try to ignore it?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Anon
*reprinted with permission


Dear Anon,
Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment