Eyeko Fat Balm review


Evening all!

I decided to post up a little demo of Eyeko's newly re-released Fat Balm tonight. Eyeko sent me a couple of colours in the post a while back and I've been so impressed with them, I had to share!


[Can you even believe the cuteness of Eyeko's graphics and packaging?!]


So, for those that need it, here's your Fat Balm education. A Fat Balm is basically a yummy scented stick of creamy pigment that can be used on your cheeks and lips. It costs £6 and is also SPF 15 which is good to know, even if it's not a feature any of us Brits will be needing anytime soon (I was so cold when I left Uni earlier I literally vibrated all the way home!) Maybe a special winter warming Fat Balm could be introduced to the range, with Deep Heat added? It might have lip plumping benefits! OR it might just be excruciating.



The colour me and my end of day frazzled face are modelling for you tonight is Toffee. It's a peachy-nude shade, which is slightly more subtle than the peachy-orange shade of my Topshop cream blush. I have actually relegated my Topshop blush in favour of the Fat Balm as I love the colour and it has a really natural, slightly dewy finish. It's not at all greasy, either, as you might expect from essentially putting lipstick on your cheeks. Oh, and it also lasts all day long, which is fantastic. Definitely a reason for you powder blush users to consider converting to cream blush, that bloody stuff never stays put! (I'm looking at you, Benefit!)

As a lippy, it works really well. It feels very moisturising and has a satisfyingly full coverage. I'm not sure the Toffee shade suits me very much, lip-wise, but that's not Eyeko's fault! I still wear it regularly anyway because it feels really nice and I just kinda like the idea that I'm fulfilling the double-whammy destiny of the Fat Balm!

Right, enough telling, it's time to show:

[My ghostly face and dry lips pre Fat Balm]



[My ghostly face mid Fat-Balm]



[My rejuvenated complexion and peachy lips post Fat Balm!]



What are your thoughts on the Fat Balms then, guys? Have you tried any of them?

If you want to buy a Fat Balm or any other Eyeko goodies, use my Ambassador code E11298. You get a free gift when you spend over fifteen squid, and I'm not gonna lie, I get a little percentage of your money. Times are hard, so feel free to buy in bulk! Oh, and it's free shipping, so there's basically no excuses not to lift me out of poverty :D

And on that unashamedly guilt-trippy bombshell!

0 comments:

Post a Comment