Forever 21 UK launch


Hey guys!

Just briefly, anyone following me on Twitter will know uni has been really full on lately. So for the time being I've stopped posting Tuesday Tips. I have loads of ideas for future tips, but not enough time to experiment and see which ones are fit for the blog. I'm just going to get the next few weeks out of the way and go from there. I'd rather stop altogether than waste your time with half-baked tips! Click here to read back through the past tips for inspiration until there's new ones to share!

Anyway, last night I went to the Forever 21 UK launch event in London. For those not aware of the brand, think of Forever 21 as the sassy young lovechild of Topshop and Primark. Trend led fast-fashion with a very reasonable price tag. Well, the American version is reasonably priced, time will tell whether importation has affected this...

I snapped a few pictures with my fab new camera (Nikon S8000), but I wasn't in the best location for the catwalk stuff, so I have uploaded the lookbook images onto my Flickr so you can get a better look at the Forever 21 clobber. I hope you appreciate this, as it took me about sixty years to resize the images so they'd upload!Also, this website has loads of fab pictures from the catwalk if you want to see better pics from the night.

I also popped my street style hat on, albeit briefly to get a picture of some lovely shoes, and a couple of models looking awesome off the catwalk! Both were rocking a suede ankle boot, so I can only assume they are huge fans of my blog. They didn't mention anything, so I'm guessing they must've been shy!















As for my opinion on the clothes... I'm not sure if they are supposed to look deliberately tacky or actually are tacky. There were a lot of pieces I liked (and I do like some things from the lookbook), but I think the styling let it down. Unless it is that the products themselves are the problem, in which case, god bless the stylist for trying! It would've been nice to see some of the clothes on rails or something, as it's hard to judge when you're not up close and personal to the garment itself. For now, that task is down to the Dublin and Birmingham ladies, where the first UK stores are opening next weekend, as us Southerners await a store opening here - or at least a UK website.

I'm off to get ready for the Wah x Models Own launch tonight! Excitement! And then tomorrow it's mine and Alex's 5 year anniversary so we're going away for the weekend. Will try and blog before I go, but this may be farewell until Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment