Five year anniversary weekend!


Annnnnnnd relax....

I have handed in my draft dissertation, and although I have heaps to do for an equally important deadline in 4 weeks time, I am enjoying my freedom today. 'Enjoying my freedom' roughly translates as falling asleep on the sofa for two hours, then loafing about in a baggy plaid shirt and undies eating some Toblerone and watching telly. What can I say? Glamour just comes naturally to me!

So now I don't have a deadline breathing down my neck, I can finally share some pictures from mine and Alex's lovely anniversary weekend in Arundel. We've never been there before but when I was tweeting for ideas of where to go, the gorgeous Victoria suggested Arundel. We stayed at this lovely hotel, where the service and food were superb. My biggest regret was that I didn't get a photo of the cooked breakfast... Beautiful! And the ketchup came in posh little jars like marmalade. Oh, how the other half live! Anyway. Back to the pics!

- Here's our room. I miss it! It had an ipod dock stereo thing too! We didn't really use it, but it was a good touch! We had a great view of the castle (and local charity shop) from the room.



- On our first afternoon there, we mooched around the town and found this old church and graveyard... We wandered about the graveyard in the rain, feeling like walking advertisements for emo but it got a bit freaky when we found a statue of jesus on a wooden cross, so we left!

- The beautiful castle that we missed by 5 days! Apparently tourist season doesn't include November-March. Boo! Why couldn't Alex have asked me out a few days earlier?!



- One of the only nice pictures of us where one of use isn't pulling a stupid face. Shame my boobs had to ruin it by being generally gargantuan. Have cropped them out to the best of my ability to prevent offence.


- This is what I wore to dinner on Friday night. We went to a lovely Italian place, where I proceeded to drop a piece of buttered bread directly down my cleavage. I had to discreetly extract it, and when I did, I was loling so much that I then accidentally dropped it onto the stairs of the restaurant! I spent the rest of the meal watching the stairs out of the corner of my eye in case anyone slipped on the morsel!




- We went for a rainy stroll round town after dinner. It was so peaceful, even on a Friday night. No drunken sluts tottering about in this town! As we're pensioners at heart, we appreciated this peace and quiet very much!


- We went for a day charity shopping in Chichester and Bognor. Purchases will be revealed in another blog post!


- What I wore (This is a bobble hat, but you can't see the bobble! I look a bit like a bank robber).


- Alex's cute badge I got him from my uni library!


- Dreamy creepers at a vintage shop in Chich. Shame about the £75 price tag! Ridiculous.


- I loved this charity shop suitcase!



- Interesting sales approach! I bought 5.


- On Saturday night, we went for dinner at The Bay Tree, where we bought a £22 steak each! Very extravagant but too delicious for words! Needless to say, we shared dessert. It was the most beautiful sticky toffee pudding. We were bickering over whether to have custard (yay) or ice cream (nay) with it, so the waitress brought both for us! The food and service was amazing here, I definitely recommend it!

It wouldn't be right if I didn't do something cringe, so you'll be pleased to know I was doing a (quiet) impression of crazy dog man, pretending that was how I was going to eat dessert, the exact second the waitress appeared with said dessert at the table. God knows what must she have thought when she saw me leant across the table in Alex's face, quietly (but insanely) barking in my boyfriend's face! (We were in a quiet corner, btw, I don't just behave like a freak in front of a restaurant of people!) Alex was crying with laughter. I was dying inside!


Another post-dinner wander led us to the beautiful Cathedral.



- Some bits from an amazing independent shop we found called Sparks Yard, which is full of the knick knacks you buy the person that has everything (Mac App fridge magnets, anyone?). I do love those kind of shops, but they annoy Alex a bit! It also had loads of american candy that wasn't a rip off, so I stocked up on Big Red cinnamon gum. We bought some coffee and chocolate cake in the cafe and the guy forgot to charge us for the cake, and when I told him (what an honest citizen) he let us off anyway. Bless him!






On the way home, we stopped off in Brighton for some Krispy Kremes and a wander. And then it was home time :(

As you can tell from the pics, it wasn't the most 'eventful' weekend, but we're not very eventful people! It was lovely just to explore a little old town and relax. And dream about when we have enough money to have a nice house in a nice town. We had SUCH a giggle, which reminded me why we've lasted five years! Lolz 4 lyf.

I'm trying to convince Alex to come on another weekend away for our 5 year 1 month anniversary, but let's just say it's a work in progress!

Thanks for all of your lovely happy anniversary comments, by the way! We loved them :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment