Zzzzz!


Evening all!

Am finally chilling out after a looooong day of photoshopping for my latest project. We have to launch and promote a new fragrance for a designer/brand, so I chose Topshop. It sounds simple but the concept is actually really good! Not sure how much to reveal on here because, although it sounds mad, a couple of tutors have said if I do this project right I might be able to sell the idea to Topshop, so I'm going to keep it under my chunky knit Primark hat (below!) for now in case they poach my concept... I'm sure Philip Green is an avid reader of the blog. Yo, Phil! I can haz ur muni?

Anyway, to promote the theoretical collection I decided to create a mobile phone app. I know little about apps and even less about Photoshop, so it has been a LONG day. I only finished 2 of the pages of the app, so it is bloody slow progress, but I'm getting there. Am hoping to make some mega progress tomorrow. Gosh, sorry to drone on about uni but this project is literally all I have to show for my life lately! Hand in is on 13th December, so if I am a bit sluggish on ye olde blog, you'll know it's because I'm working my butt off!

Here was my hobo chic outfit today:





(Hat - Primark, 'Fur' coat - charity shop, Tee - Topshop, Jeans - Topshop, Boots - charity shop)

For anyone wondering what my course is (I do get asked this a lot but am too lazy to add an FAQ to the blog... Plus that would probably be the only question!), I study Fashion Promotion at UCA Rochester. It covers all areas of promotion including styling, PR, marketing and journalism. The course has been pretty hit and miss to be honest, I think my year were kind of a guinea pig year for the course, working out what works and what doesn't. So any new students will probably really enjoy it, but until third year the course has been a bit haphazard!

Hope you've had a nice day? After I've caught up with replying to comments in my recent posts, I'm going for a romantic stroll to Sainsbury's for sweeties with Alex. As the saying goes: An evening without sugary snacks is an evening half-lived! Well, that's how my saying goes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment