It's just a bootie haul!


A little joke for those All Saints fans out there!

Tonight, I'll be sharing my charity shop finds from our weekend away. Alex was a bit jealous that I got all the charity shop luck, but I think it's because that boy literally has everything. It's not possible to find anything new for him. I didn't really get any clothes, but found a few amazing boot bargains!



The black pair were £7 from a charity shop in Bognor Regis, which is a bit pricey for my usual standards (and for Bognor's standards, some may argue), but I had been planning to fork out on some Topshop boots with my 60% uniform discount (they still would've been about £30), so figured it was still a bargain. Plus, nobody will have the same pair.

I found the brown pair SECONDS later in the next charity shop for only £2.50, and was kicking myself because I liked them more than the black ones. I decided to get them on the strength that the black pair could be my dressy boots, and these could be my scruffy boots. Plus, £9.50 on two pairs of boots beats £30 on Topshop boots, hands down!

We popped to Brighton on the way home, and went to Dirty Harry to look for a wool coat for Alex. I was excited to see a whole stand of second hand Converse trainers all for a tenner! I'd been wanting some classic high tops for years, and I took the fact I found a size 6.5 (quite a rarity!) as a sign that they should be mine.

So I have a whole new boots wardrobe for winter and I am chuffed to bits! I wore the Cons to work today, like so:


(Dress - ye olde Topshop sale find, belt - H&M)

I did my hair curly again, by sleeping with velcro rollers in. Not the most comfortable (or attractive) experience, but it's all worth it to not have my fringe flapping in my face all day. Might resurrect Tuesday tips at some point and do a curly hair tutorial. Have found some fantastic products for keeping it up! Hmm. That sentence sounded like quality junk folder material there! Does anyone else ever read their junk mail just for fun? 'I NEED YOUR COOPERATION' 'CAN YOU BE TRUSTED??' They crack me up!

I'm off to wrestle the Xbox controller out of Alex's mitts. Any other Call of Duty widows in the house..?

Back tomorrow! I have a Sunday off work, so am going to organise my life, tidy my house and post a blog or two!

0 comments:

Post a Comment