5 Small Diet "Tweaks" To Lose Those Extra 5 Lbs

This is part 2 in my "Personal Trainer Series."  Read Part 1 here.

I'm excited to have my personal trainer and friend, Erik, back today to talk about the stuff we put in our mouths.  I'm talking about food (if you were thinking something else...you need to get your mind out of the gutter!)


I asked Erik to share his top 5 diet changes that pack the biggest punch.  He immediately said that no one is gong to like what he has to say on this topic.  And he may be right to some extent, but I also think that a few of these "tweaks" are so simple that many of you might consider trying a few (or even all five!)  It really just comes down to planning + will power.

So here they are...

5) Decrease your meal size throughout the day
Erik: "Breakfast is my biggest meal...never skip it.  My lunch is then slightly smaller and dinner is very small."
Me: "When do you eat dinner?"
Erik: "Usually around 6pm.  Never later than 7pm if I can help it.  Our metabolism just isn't able to burn the calories..."

4) Control your alcohol intake
Me: "Ugh.  How important is this one?"
Erik: "Seriously Marion.  Do you want to lose those 4 remaining pounds?  This is key.  At the most, you can have one glass of wine before 7pm."
Me:  "Okay."
Erik: gives me a serious look "One REGULAR glass...not those excessive pours you do."
Me: "You say excessive, I say generous.  But I get it."
Erik: "I recommend you live by the 80/20 rule...Eat and drink right 80% of the time and then indulge and relax 20%.  Most people have that backwards.  So basically, Monday through Friday don't eat out and drink.  Save that solely for the weekends."

Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment