So This Friday I'm...


Cooper packed his bags (with a little help) and we headed off to my hometown of Portland, Oregon on Wednesday.  We'll be prancing in the Pacific Ocean this weekend and then it's off to Seattle in our little rental car!  I'll be sharing many of our adventures on my Instagram :)  

It's been three years since I left the Pacific NW and I miss it so much.  The moment our plane landed I felt a rush of emotions:

- Relief because lil' man Coop was such a good boy for the duration of the flight

- Happiness because we have a fun week planned and I miss my family

- And a sense of warmth and familiarity because this city is "home" to me.  Sure...I really like where I live right now.  But there is just something about Portland and Seattle that makes me feel centered.  I walk the streets with the biggest + goofiest smile, dive into every coffee shop and order something (even if its my 5th drink of the day...I just can't help it!) and when I'm driving the roads here I wave an enthusiastic thank you to everyone who lets me cut in front of them because that is what a native Oregonian does.  We are horrible drivers but super friendly about it...:)

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!  And if you happen to be in the NW and see an over-caffeinated but friendly driver on the road, I hope you'll wave hello...

xo - Marion


0 comments:

Post a Comment