Moments of the Week (Airport Edition)


Cooper and I jetted off to my hometown of Portland, Oregon last week.  
It was a trip overflowing with awesome moments with family and friends.


Our trip began with our 6am flight...I was so nervous as this was my first time flying alone with Cooper.  Thank goodness for those little tvs on the back of the chairs!  Cooper was mesmerized and I was able to enjoy my SportsCenter.


We had plenty of long walks on the beach...


...followed by long walks around Seattle.  Laughter, rainbows, and unicorns all around!

Until we went to the airport to catch our flight home to Denver.  

Here is the short story:
- Coop and I make it through security with minimal fussiness on his end

- We board plane.  Gentleman who is seated next to me asks, "Your baby doesn't cry much, does he?"

- We sit on the tarmac for 1 hour with no air conditioning.  Cooper is very unhappy and the gentleman next to me has the answer to his question.

- The captain informs us that we need to return to the terminal and de-board the plane due to a mechanical issue.  


- Announcements are made that it will likely be an 8 hour delay. 

- People are crying.  I may or may not have been one of them.  But I pulled myself together...It was more just tearing up anyway.  Totally allergies.

- Cooper and I walk the airport and he goes back and forth between screaming and crying.  He wasn't able to take a nap no matter how tired he was...too much to look at!  I swear the kid has that Aerosmith song going non-stop in his head that tells him, "Don't want to fall asleep...cause I don't want to miss a thing!"

- Nearly 6 hours past the time we were supposed to leave, we are told that we can begin to board the plane again.  So I wait until everyone else has boarded then I approach the gate.  The agent looks at her list and looks at my ticket and says, "Huh...I don't have you listed here.  You will need to go talk to a booking agent."

- I froze.  Cooper whimpered as he no doubt sensed his mother's dismay.  I said the only thing my brain could produce, "No, please."  Not sure where that phrase came from, but I think it was the nicest way I could think to protest at the moment!

- And bless her heart...the agent looked at me somewhat perplexed, then said, "But I remember you and your baby...so why don't you just take 17B since I know it is available."

- I thanked her profusely and we made our way to our seat.  

- Cooper only cried for 1 hour on the flight.  It was a long day for the lil' man.


To top things off, I'll let this picture speak for what happened next.  No words.

xo - Marion

I should say that the captain and crew of Frontier Airlines was amazing.  And there were so many other passengers that helped me...I am so grateful for their kindness.  Because I had gate checked Cooper's stroller and car seat, I had to carry him at the airport all day.  So many sweet people offered to hold him to give me breaks.  I will always "pay it forward" in the future when I fly and see parent(s) who could use a helping hand...


Also...if you are in the Denver Area, Goldyn (my favorite boutique) is having an awesome event featuring Lizzie Fortunato and her gorgeous accessory line.  I hope to see you there!



0 comments:

Post a Comment