3 Time-Saving Morning Beauty Tips



The alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m.
I fall out of bed, sleepwalk toward the shower and mentally count down the minutes until my baby wakes up and I have to be out the door for work.  I quickly come to the same disappointing conclusion every morning: I don't have much time!

So unless your last name is Kardashian and you have a team of people ready to do your hair + make-up, you likely don't have several hours set aside to get ready in the morning.  So here are 3 of my tried-and-true ways to save time each morning without sacrificing beauty:

1) Don't wash your hair every morning
Yes...this is me 1st thing this A.M.  No make-up and my hair is a hot mess.  Don't judge :)
 
For those of you who read this statement and think, "Eww!" I really urge you to re-think your hair washing routine!  I have naturally curly hair and if I were to wash it every day, I would literally be walking around looking like Carrot Top's younger sister.  With brown hair.  And a nice tan.

The point is, it's not healthy to wash your hair every day.  I wash mine every 3 days and use dry shampoo on day 2 to add body.  My morning routine would be so much longer if I had to blow dry + straighten my hair every morning.  This is such a quick way to shave off minutes in the morning AND create a healthy routine for your hair and scalp. 

2) Moisturize in 5 seconds


I step out of the shower + towel dry + then spray Vaseline's Spray & Go Moisturizer all over my body before throwing on my clothes for the day.  It's so fast and easy...I keep my bottle right next to the towels so I don't forget (because if you are like me, you forget things in the morning!) 


We own and use all three scents, however my favorite is the Cocoa Radiant as my husband always tells me I smell wonderful when I walk by the bed in the morning (did I mention that he is still in bed at this point?!)

3) Make decisions the night before

I shouldn't be allowed to make any decisions before my morning coffee.  Seriously. 

I lay out my clothes, jewelry, and even determine my hair style the night before.  I look at the weather forcast, consider what I have scheduled (running lots of errands calls for more comfortable shoes!) and who I might be seeing and then lay everything out.  The last thing I determine is what makeup I'll need, so I even lay out the appropriate beauty products for the outfit and day's schedule.  This takes 5 minutes if I do it the day before...otherwise it can take 10+ minutes to make decisions if I wait until the morning!

Quick Tip: If you are planning on going out that evening, throw in a few make-up items in your purse to make the transition.  I usually toss in an eyeliner and eyeshadow to create more of a smoky eye for evening along with a powder and nighlighter for touchups.

So do you have any tips for making the morning beauty routine a little less tedious?

xo - Marion



Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer is a quick, continuous 360 spray lotion that moisturizes deeply and absorbs in seconds, so you can put your clothes right on and get on with your day. Available in three formulas -- Total Moisture, Aloe Fresh, Cocoa Radiant -- this fast to apply, quick to absorb line of lotions leaves skin instantly soft, not sticky or greasy. Find out more at maxthemorning.com.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Vaseline via Glam Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Vaseline.

0 comments:

Post a Comment