On The Naughty Step: Veet High Precision Facial Wax


Evening all!

Wilkommen to the first instalment of my new feature, On The Naughty Step, where I'll tell you the products/services I have used that are a waste of time and money.

First in the firing line is Veet High Precision Facial Wax for sensitive skin. I have quite prominent, unruly eyebrows and unfortunately I hate plucking (My pain threshold is -657). I bought some other Veet Wax Strips on offer once and got into a habit of snipping off tiny strips and doing my eyebrows that way, which actually works very well but it is a bit time consuming, so I was hoping to find an easier way.

Enter High Precision Facial Wax! It consists of a little tube of wax and an applicator stick. The directions instruct you to put the wax into a mug of hot tap water for 1 minute, and then use the stick to apply a thin layer of wax to the face. It sounded weirdly fun and you know I like a good DIY, so when I saw it as part of a buy-1-get-1-half-price offer in Boots (usually £8.16), I snapped it up.



Image: Boots

When I got home, I tried it out. I used the stick to apply a thin layer of wax to the brow region and pulled the wax strip against the direction of hair growth. Unfortunately the wax strip didn't whip off like they're supposed to, it was more like unpeeling a gooey sticker! It only removed one or two hairs and left behind a bunch of sticky wax on my skin.

I tried a few more times but gave up, returning to my tried and trusted wax-strip-snipping method. It just didn't work at all. I followed the instructions to the letter, so why didn't it work? Was my tap water not hot enough? Was it too hot? Maybe my slugtastic brows were too much for this sensitive formula? So many questions. Maybe there's a knack to using this product, but my eyebrow was red by the time I'd given up trying and I couldn't be arsed to try different techniques and make the product work for me. It should just work.

I am really surprised at just how crap this product is. Veet are a huge brand, and it's hard to believe they would release a product like this. I'm not the only one that feels this way, either. Its reviews on Boots and Amazon are less than impressive.

I didn't try it elsewhere on my face, as I don't really suffer with facial hair, so I'm not sure how the wax performs there! But for eyebrow use, consider this product well and truly On The Naughty Step!

Have you tried this product? Did it work for you? Any products you've tried lately that have been an epic fail?

0 comments:

Post a Comment