LFW Day 1 - The Look Show!


Hello strangers!

I've returned from planet fashion to my role as uni student/housewife/blogger.

The transition hasn't been too bad, as I got my marks back from my Topshop Fragrance project yesterday and got 81%! The top mark in the class apparently! I don't mean to blow my own trumpet. I'm just super happy, as this mark makes up for some unmitigated disasters in my second year.

Anywho, let's start with day 1 of fashion week, which was largely spent hanging out with Lily, Victoria, Michelle and Laura at The Look Show. Lily won tickets and kindly offered one to me! What a babe. I'm going to do a dedicated post on The Look Show because it was fantastic, but I'll save that until I have time to look through the catwalk pictures instead.

Until then, I'll amuse you with some casual snaps from the day!

Most of my pictures came out really blurry, so I have procured these images from a variety of sources (linked below)...

Firstly, here's what I wore. The pics were taken at about midnight after I'd got home so I look a smidge haggard. I'm wearing a gorgeous polka dot peter pan playsuit that Motel kindly sent me. They also wanted to treat you too, so if you type in 'GEMFATALE' at the checkout, you get 15% off all Motel branded products!





(Jacket - Topshop, Mulberry tote - LFW freebie, Nail polish - Gold Digger by Models Own, c/oVitamin Water, Models Own x Wah nail Pen c/o Models Own, Seche Vite topcoat)

And on to Friday:

Here's a literal mountain of Vitamin Water being distributed outside Somerset House. That stuff is synonymous with LFW these days! There are nearly more bottles of Vitamin Water at fashion week than there are bloggers. True story. ;)



An amusing typo of my blog name (and surname for that matter) on my invite to the Corrie Nielsen show at Somerset House that morning... may have to rebrand the blog as 'Geb Fatale'... I think it has more of an unconventional edge to it!



And onto The Look Show!




I got terribly starstruck and started papping all the celebrities! They were just milling around with us mere mortals! This was just the start of my papparazi antics of LFW... More to come in the next couple of days! So yes, here's Marina and her mousey jumper!



Here's a slightly creepier picture I took unbeknown to Marina when she was checking out the Chocolate Fountain. The Look Show definitely let my inner stalker shine through! Nice to see another girl who owes her curves to a love of chocolate and marshmallows.



Booze + Cam = ready to pap. (From Laura's blog)



My celeb snapping etiquette developed throughout the afternoon, and here is what happens when you actually ask a celebrity for a photo. They smile! Well, Keisha was too busy doing an interview to pose, never mind! Here's Sophie Ellis-Bizzle:



Me and the lovely Carina, image courtesy of Look's Facebook!



A pic Lily snapped of me and Victoria having a lol over a gross pic she took of me (I think).



And us all in the photobooth! I don't seem to be able to get in one without pulling at least one cross-eyed silly face. At least this face isn't as bad as my last photoshop gurning session... Enjoy!


After The Look Show, we all went back to Somerset House and hung around for a bit! We also tried to get into a show, but it was too oversubscribed so loads of people didn't get in. So we went for dinner instead, which was even better really! I didn't get any good pictures because it was really dimly lit in the restaurant.

Thanks for inviting me, Lily, and thanks to all the girls I hung out with for being generally lovely. Click on the names below to read other accounts of the day!

Lily
Victoria
Michelle
Laura

And Lara Lain (who works for Look) has done a great little post on her blog - an insider's perspective of the day!

I've got work today and friends round later on, so I'm not sure what this means for Tuesday Tips, but I'll see what I can do.

Can't wait to share the rest of my LFW with you! ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment