Tuesday Tip: Turn snacks into storage!


Tuesday Tips are finally back with this little gem! It's very Blue Peter!

We had some of these boxes leftover from Christmas snackage, and I decided to hang onto one and use it for storage. At first, I was going chuck all the food colouring and cake decorating bits in it and keep it in the kitchen cupboard. But then, I decided it would be way cuter to find some pretty paper and use it as a storage solution for my endless nail art supplies!

Here are the step by step pics, as if it wasn't painfully obvious how to do it... (Humour me, it's my first Tuesday Tip in yonks!!)








(Buy pretty paper - I got mine in Paperchase, measure pretty paper, glue it to the box, fill with stuff! Voila!)

These particular snack tubs aren't available to buy at the moment, but you could always use tins of biscuits or those tubs of rocky road cakes and the like from the bakery section of most supermarkets. I reckon Poundland would be the best place for a good tub rummage! I'm on the lookout for more stuff I can cover in pretty paper and use for storage, as I want to get my makeup collection under control next.

Basically, any excuse to eat snacks under the guise of being more organised is a winner in my eyes.

On the topic of nifty organising tips, Emma (Milkteef) had a cute idea for organising her makeup drawer, using old boxes!

Have you got any organising tips? I am feeling very uncharacteristically tidy at the moment, and am finding storage solutions a bit too exciting!

Hope you like the new Tuesday tip! I have heaps more to get to work on, as my Final Major Project is basically Tuesday Tips in book format. Obviously I'm rebranding it so it's not an extension of the blog as such, but just a funny collection of slightly unusual style/beauty/lifestyle tips! My tutors seem really positive about the idea, and it will give me a reason to find and try out loads more tips to share with you! Cannot wait :)

Off to catch up with the Gypsies now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment