LFW Day 2 - Uncut!

Good evening errbody!


I've just got back from a rather lovely day at work and Alex is cooking a fine feast of chicken in bacon with homemade herby chips and garlic mushrooms. Nom to the max! So despite my being behind on my Final Major Project, life is lovely :)

EDIT: Have actually finished dinner now, as I've taken so long to finish this post, and can verify it was delicious!

I've enjoyed reading your entries to my Boots competition! The No7 hot cloth cleanser has had a lot of mentions in entries, I will definitely be checking that out. Click here to enter if you haven't already!

So, time for some pics/tales of Day 2 of my LFW shenanigans. I kind of prefer staggering these posts as I don't want my blog to be an image heavy bombardment on your retinas!


I was quite nervous on Day 2 (Saturday) because this was the day I was meeting up with Planet Notion (Notion Mag's website, they asked me to contribute for LFW) to go to shows and be like, a proper writer and all that. I listened to some This Providence on the train to chillax. They are amazeballs, if you like whiney American emo. Personally, I live for it.



When I got there, I killed some time before I met up with Seb from PN. I went and checked out some of the exhibitions in Somerset House where I saw these crazy Linda Farrow sunglasses:

I think these ones are a collaboration with Jeremy Scott
I checked out the Louise Gray showroom. I love the DIY sensibility of her designs. I think this picture of some shorts adorned in bottle caps encapsulates that. I was chatting to the lady that was manning the showroom and she was telling me how interns were sent out to all the local East London boozers to collect bottle caps! Haha!


Batshit crazy gloves by Yang Du:


After mooching, I met with Seb and his friend Siam and we went to the Bernard Chandran show - the first one I had to review!! Eeep! I had a different ticket to the others (I acquired mine through the blog, thus mine was a crummy print out). When blue-stickered-tickets were called into the show from the queue, I was persuaded to try and blag in with the others so we could sit together... This is the first and only time I will try the blogger blaggage we've read so much about, as I am bloody cursed.

Doorman: You can't go in, you don't have a blue sticker.

Me: *feigning confidence* No, [dropping head of PR's name] assured me I'd be seated but my ticket didn't arrive in time.

Woman next to door man turns round: I AM [head of PR]. (With an expression as if to say 'and who the fuck are you?!')

Me: ...... Touché. *rejoins queue*

It was OFF THE FAIL SCALE!! Are you cringing for me right now?

Anyway I got the moral victory, as I ended up sitting right with the photographers (on the floor, admittedly) so I got a great view and some amazing pictures!




I really enjoyed the show. You can see the best pictures of it here, and you can read my review of the show on Planet Notion. Woop!

Next up, I went to the Una Burke exhibition, another one I was writing up for Notion. I was a bit intimidated when I walked into the dark room at Vauxhall Fashion Scout with a few spotlit strappy leather pieces and a creepy film playing, but when I eventually acquired a press release I learnt a lot more about the collection. They didn't have any press releases at the exhibition, but this was definitely a collection you needed to know the backstory of. Read my short article on Planet Notion if you fancy hearing about it!


After this, I went straight to the Fyodor Golan show which was in the same building. I didn't have to write this one up, so I got to enjoy the atmosphere and the show pressure free! The show had some really nice pieces (I loved the second look below) but on the down side, the press release was littered with spelling errors. Pet hate. There was 'scaring' instead of 'scarring' (the collection was inspired by tribal rituals) and, ridiculously, 'defernt' instead of 'different'.






After the show, I headed back to the media lounge at Somerset House to chill for a bit before my next show. Vitamin Water had kindly secured me a ticket to Clements Ribeiro later in the day, and unexpectedly, they also gave me a ticket to Olivia Rubin in the evening! I went to Tesco because I was majorly hungry and couldn't be bothered to queue for soup in the lounge.

I felt mildly out of place as I chowed down on a big Smoked Salmon salad and Raspberry filled Krispy Kreme. Too fat for fashion, and proud of it!






Then it was time for Clements Ribeiro, which was in the same venue as Bernard Chandran, a gorgeous Victorian ballroom in Northumberland House. I was looking forward to this show, as I have posted about the design duo in the past and am quite a fan. But I didn't really like the 'signature' damask-fading-into-leopard print they were plastering on everything, so I was left a little disappointed. It was a fantastic experience to see the show, though. Great pics here if you want to check it out for yourselves.




After this show, I went straight to Olivia Rubin. It was more out of the way as it was at the Jalouse nightclub off of Regents Street, so I didn't see any of the familiar faces from the more fashiony shows I'd been to. In fact, I didn't see a single familiar blogger there. I could've used a friend inside the show because it was as though the afterparty had already started! Free booze, dark nightclub lighting, people from The Only Way is Essex posing on podiums for the paparazzi... On the bright side there were goody bags! Mine included some OPI polish and my favourite Ardell lashes!






When the actual show began, models walked around the walls at the edge of the dancefloor, which was actually quite high up. My camera hated the lighting so I didn't get any decent pictures, but you can get a better glimpse of the designs in this video. I liked a lot of the clothes, the brick prints and speech bubble prints were fun, but it seemed a bit more like New Look than designer.


After the show, which started very late, I had a load of time to kill before my train so I thought I'd check out the loos - as you do! Inside, I bumped into some of the models from the show, who posed for a quick snap in the glamorous surroundings of Jalouse's bogs.



I had to get a snap of the nails, which were Orange OPI (not sure of the exact shade), one with the black shatter top coat. The girls loved my gold leopard print nails, so it was a bit of a nail love fest!




I also had to get a snap of another model's crazy creepers. Turns out they are Lazy Oaf x Underground creepers that seem to be sold out now!



After I had finished papping models in the loo, I made my way to the station. On the way back through the club, I saw all of the other models hanging out and having a laugh with each other and dancing around. They seemed to be having such fun, which was nice to see, as I always imagine LFW to be pretty hard on the models.


Keeping up the habit of ending my whirlwind glamorous days in London on a highly unglamorous note, come 9.30, I was sat on the floor of Charing Cross station eating a cold cheeseburger and colder chips.




It was such a mad day. Despite not being wild about some of the designs I saw, I absolutely loved the experience of going along to them and getting the chance to see everything up close and experience the atmosphere. It was just the most fun! Mega thanks to Planet Notion and Vitamin Water for livening up my LFW schedule!

Tune in for my final day at LFW, which will be posted in the next few days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment