Tuesday tip: Foil Fingers - the space age way to remove glitter nail polish!

I found this tip a month or so back on Youtube, when I was faced with the gruelling task of removing my rhinestone encrusted nails.  

I had to share my interpretation of it with you lot, because not only has this technique revolutionised my nail varnish choices (I don't need to fear the glitter anymore!) but also, it is a pretty hilarious way to remove polish. Plus, after my last post, it sounds like a lot of you put off using glitter polishes because of the struggle to remove it. Prepare for your lives to be changed! 

You will need this stuff:


Tear the foil into 10 bits that are big enough to wrap around your nail a couple of times, and cut the pads into quarters. You'll need approximately 10 depending on how many fingers you have. 

Soak the cotton pad in nail polish remover, and hold it onto the nail for a moment until it starts to adhere. 



Wrap the foil around your finger and squish it firmly so it holds the cotton wool onto your nail. Repeat. 



Sit and watch TV or think about life for about ten minutes (you won't be able to text or type!) Operating Photobooth with your knuckles isn't as fun as it sounds. And it doesn't even sound fun. Says it all. 


Excuse bedhead and no makeup, I'd only just got out of bed! 


Starting with the first finger you foiled (all the F's!), squish down on the foil as you pull it off the nail. It sometimes doesn't remove all of the glitter, but it removes about 95% of it. The remainder is really easy to remove with a cotton pad. 


Et Voila! Naked nails! 


I initially thought it might be a bit of a waste of nail polish remover, but I think you actually end up using less than if you were frantically scrubbing at them with endless cotton pads. 

So you are now free to go forth and cover your nails in rhinestones, glitter and confetti! They sky is quite literally the limit! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment