Lazing on a sunny afternoon

Hola! 

Sorry I haven't been able to post. Besides being mega busy, I couldn't find my memory card reader anywhere, so my photos were imprisoned on my cam, and thus my Tuesday tip was scuppered! I found the reader this morning (down the sofa, obvz) and just figured it's best to save it until a Tuesday rather than mid week!

You'll have to bear avec moi and my flaky ways for a while longer as I'm reaching the final furlong of my uni degree. I hand in on May 16th. And then I am chilling.the.eff.out. 

Speaking of chilling out, I had an undeserved day of relaxation yesterday. After going for lunch with our friends Jen and Martin, Alex and I got some Slush Puppies and headed to the 'secret garden' in Canterbury. It's just off the high street and down a little path beside some houses and it is so peaceful! The perfect place for some reading and Raspberry slush. I may have shattered the peace a smidge when I realised wasps were fans of Raspberry slush too... They chased me. I shrieked. I downed that icy goodness and moved swiftly to a different part of the garden. 

Pre wasp invasion:







(Blouse - Guerrisol Paris, Jeans - Topshop, Sandals c/o F&F at Tesco, Sunnies and bow - H&M, Cardi - Primark, Slush Puppy - Benji's sweet shop)




Alex on my knee reading Sartres... Me reading Russell's Booky Wook 2...

Anyone reading my Twitter last night will know the telly thing I've been involved in lately. I was contacted by Channel 4 to appear in their new show SuperScrimpers, sharing some of my moneysaving DIY/beauty ideas. Tuesday Tip readers will know the gist of most of them, but if you want to see them on the tellybox, check it out Wednesday at 8.30pm! I think I will be featured on it for a couple of weeks at least. There is a very amusing scene with Mrs Moneypenny (she came to my house!) Don't get me wrong, I have no plans to work in TV, but it sounded like too fun an opportunity to turn down! Plus, I think us scrimping young'uns could use a bit of representation on the show!

(Being filmed behind my polishes!)

I have lots of funny tales to share about the filming etc, but will save those until the show airs! Dreading watching it - I don't know if I'll be able to......

Anyway, back soon. I'm going to crack on with my work!! Good luck to anyone else with deadlines or exams coming up... We can do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment