Boy oh boy

I can finally blog now I've arrived at my mum's house for her birthday celebrations (namely charity shop shopping!) Our internet has gone schizophrenic at home, so I haven't been able to be the LFW-reporting whizz kid I was hoping to be. Sigh!!

I have two Jack Russell's vying for my attention right now, but thought I'd post this quickie of an outfit I wore to work this week. I wasn't intentionally going for an androgynous look, but what with my geek chic new glasses (Gok Wan for Specsavers - not a freebie, I feel I should add!) the buttoned up old Topshop polo shirt and the new corduroy shearling jacket (found in a charity shop) I chucked on over it, the vibe was positively penile! Just had to Google to check that 'penile' meant what I thought it did. It does. And if you try it, don't click on Google Images out of curiosity, k?




I've had a hilarious morning. Mum came to collect Alex and I from the station (in her Superman pyjama top) and her car broke down on the way home. She had to call the mechanic out, who helped her push the car to the side of the road and he said to just leave it for a couple of hours to chillax (sometimes this is all it takes to fix a VW, appaz!) so we had to leave a note explaining that we were leaving the car on a yellow line because it had broken down. The only piece of paper we had between us was the envelope from mum's as-yet-unopened birthday card so I had to unsheathe it and write 'BROKEN DOWN :(' on it. We were then presented with the irony of the design on the front of mum's card reading 'MUM, keep calm and carry on!' Definitely words to live by when your car has died and you're stood in the road in Superman pyjamas on your birthday. 

So much for a quickie blog! Right, I'm off to play with the pooches, go round the charity shops with mum and visit the apparently amazing Andy Warhol exhibition that opened at the De La Warr pavillion today.  

Have a good one! 

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment