Vintage Festival 2011

It's taken me yonks to get these pictures from my day at The Vintage Festival at South Bank blogged, but looking out the window at the truly miserable conditions, I felt like reminiscing on my day of style-snapping in the sunshine.

The outdoor component of the Vintage Festival was free-entry and consisted of a loads of outdoor tents and stalls selling vintage, retro and handmade bits. For ticket holders, there was a indoor element to the event in The Royal Festival Hall where there were retro bands playing, dancers dancing, makeovers, museums and catwalk shows. 

Here are some of the sights and style from the day...





Dog in a bag! Awwww!

Shoe designer, Natacha Marro on the left and her shoe-maker, Isabella.

I was stood behind this incredibly 40's older couple in the queue to get my tickets into the hall! It was a proper fur stole... 

Missed Pearl Lowe's catwalk by a whisker but caught a (blurry) moment of the photo frenzy afterwards!!
Waaaa, my cam couldn't handle the pressure! One day I'll get a proper photo of Daisy. 
Some of the amazing swing dancers









Loved this!! Someone was actually getting a tat done as I took this!


I spied Betsey Johnson casually trying on some Natacha Marro shoes! I promptly declared my love for her and asked for a photo of her. She must've thought I worked for Natacha Marro as she reached straight for the shoes and this was the shot I got - haha!!




These gorgeous ladies were in the tea room. 

Hottie in creepers. 





This awesome lady was wearing her mum's authentic vintage boots! They are intense! Or as my boyfriend calls them, 'what the fuck are they?'. Tsk. 


On the way out of the event, I asked for an outfit snap of this fetching fellow manning the Vitaminwater 'memory maker' (a photobooth in a car). He insisted I be in the photo too so someone else took the picture...

He then thrust his feather duster in my hand and whisked me up in the air without warning! Haha! I died of cringe at the time, but love the photo now! 
And that was that! A fab day and a fun chance to get some photos of the eclectic mix of high street and very-vintage personal style on show.

Thanks, Vitaminwater, for my ticket to the event!

Any favourite outfits?? I think the girl in the straw hat (before crazy-boots girl) completely worked it!

♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment