I have a confession to make...

Do you ever innocently look down at your nails and catch your breath because you just realized that your nails look horr-en-dous?


How long have I been walking around like this??  Why hasn't anyone said something??


You then spend the rest of the day clutching your hands in tight fists so that no one will see that your nails look like that of a grubby 8-year old boy.

As soon as I get home, I being the process of giving my nails a new life.  And the anxiety kicks in.  You see, I have a confession.  I wasn't born with the gift of "nail painting."  I know, I know...I am writing a blog on style and fashion and I can't paint a proper nail?  Blasphemy!


I keep thinking that if I practice enough, I'll inch toward competence.  But alas...I've been telling myself this since the 3rd grade.  And dark colors are the worst!  Am I alone in this feeling?  Maybe when I'm in my 40's I'll get it!

Anyhoo - I went to Ulta and picked up a few new colors - 2 for fall/winter and 1 for spring (couldn't help myself...makes me want to find a beach!)  
L-R: Essie in Turquoise & Caicos, Essie in Buy Me a Cameo, and Butter London in Big Smoke
I'm currently sporting Essie's Buy Me a Cameo, which I feel is a nice transition color to go from summer to fall weather.  Here is a look-see:
Geesh!  I just realized that my fingers look like little sausages in this pic!  A hand model I am not!  LOL!
Yes...that is a boo-boo on my middle finger!
The polish has stayed strong for 3 days so far (using Essie's Fill the Gap basecoat and Essie's Good to Go! hardening topcoat).  I'm anxious excited to see how the Butter London color looks next!


What are your fav colors for fall nails??

XO - Marion

0 comments:

Post a Comment