Life's peachy



I finally lost my maxi dress virginity to Dorothy Perkins at the weekend! This peach and black striped number was actually the first maxi I'd ever tried on and I was smitten. I was so surprised... I thought it would look heinous and cling to all the wrong bits (read: beer belly), but I was so wrong. It helped that I bought it in the next size up and that it is also more of an A-line style. Some of the styles we have in at Topshop do look like a bit of a cling-fest.


I just feel like some kind of grecian goddess swishing about everywhere in it. If any of you remember your first maxi time, you'll know the feeling I'm talking about! It's a great dress to wear on a windy day too as it can't blow up (never a good look - trust me on that one!) I've been mainly wearing it with my sandals and pleather jacket from Topshop (I don't want to look too ladylike!)

On another peachy note, I bought a Topshop cream blusher at the weekend too! I got it in the shade Flush, which comes out a lot more peachy than its fluoro colour implies! I had gone to work with my Benefit Coralista on, but when I went to try the Topshop blusher on one cheek (during my shift, oops!), I realised the difference a cream blusher makes. It actually sticks on, not like powder, which (as I realised) just wears off. It felt so nice to have a vivid but natural tone to my cheeks, and I realised how pointlessly subtle my Benefit blush is in comparison. And at £6, I had to have it in my life!

Another benefit of the cream blush is that you can wear it on your lips. Because it dries as a powder, it's very drying so the best thing to do is apply it with lashings of lip balm! The matching cheek and lip look is my new makeup habit! Here is a clever little picture of me with the blush on my cheeks and lips, with a reflection in the mirror from the screen of my Mac (I used Photobooth to take the pic!)



Have you lost your maxi virginity yet? In keeping with the sexual metaphors, I have a feeling I'm about to become the town bike of Maxidressville... Ha!

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment