Zoo Day


Yesterday I went to Port Lympne Zoo with my good pal Emily for a belated birthday day out. It's near Canterbury and is set in stunning grounds with an amazing manor house and gardens. We had packed umbrellas but the weather was unexpectedly delicious, which was great! I just love the zoo. It always makes me wish I could talk to animals like Dr. Dolittle. Actually, I might be able to if the proof further down this post is anything to go by...

One of the highlights of the day was the gorillas... It's just unbelievable to watch them... They are so nearly human! This was especially evident when this little kid gorilla started playing on the swing and jumped up onto this platform so he could to get the ultimate thrust by swinging off from it! Ha! It was mad. I managed to film it but you may want to mute the vid, I'm a pretty excitable person.



Another highlight was the picnic Emily lovingly prepared for us. Cheese & Onion crisp sandwiches, Yum Yums, Strawberries, Pineapple and fruit juice. Perfect! Someone else seemed to think so too, when this adorable little Squirrel came right up to us. He was totally fearless! We gave him some fruit but he wasn't bothered, but being a nut-lover, he much preferred a bit of Snickers! He was scavenging about atop our table by the end of the picnic, the loveable nuisance!

Here are some pics and videos from our lovely day at the zoo! I didn't want to spam you with vids, but there are some other funny little clips from the day on my Youtube.










Look at the little critter smiling for the camera with Snicker in hand! Too cute!






Here's a tiger saying hello to us! OMG! Tell me you can hear it? Alex couldn't. He looked at me like I was a lunatic. For a change.



Emily feeding the Squirrel



Me trying to feed it but being scared it'd bite my finger off!



Such a lovely day :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment