Tuesday tip - Eat outside the box!


This week's Tuesday tip is inspired by the warped mind (or palate) of my good Topshop-buddy Brendon. Whilst out for my birthday drinks the other night, Brendon just casually revealed he liked to eat the occasional mashed potato sandwich. WTF?! As the conversation progressed, another bizarre recommendation came in the form of microwaved crisp sandwiches. Brendon suggests you butter bread, microwave it so it's slightly soft and then make a crisp sandwich with the moist bread. Mental!

Here he is (Excuse my drunken phone photography skillz!)



Brendon Blumenthal's ideas did inspire me to share some of my own (and your) weird and wonderful food habits. I absolutely love food. Almost nothing makes me happier than eating an amazing meal or snack. Hearing people's food quirks makes me really excited because they are so much more interesting than your average chocolate bar! And it's nice to know that when it comes to food, we're all just a big bunch of freaks.

I've updated the post with some of my favourites of your freaky food suggestions!

My suggestions

♥ Walker's Salt & Vinegar crisps dipped in Philadelphia - Weird at first but totally addictive!

♥ Microwaved Minstrels. Astonishingly tasty. Just chuck some Minstrels in a bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds or until you can squeeze one and it squishes gooey chocolate out. I know it sounds gross but trust me on this one...

♥ Marmite and grated cheese on crumpets. My number one obsession snack, as any of my Twitter followers can validate.

♥ Grill some cheese on toast, put a slice of Bernard Matthews Turkey ham in it and add salad cream. I learnt this from an ex. Along with the fact that Leopards never change their spots. Ha!

♥ Tuna and Onion Marmalade sandwiches. I used to make this at a lovely cafe I worked at in Bexhill called C-side. You can get Onion Marmalade at most delicatessens.

Roxy's suggestion

♥ Candy Floss - Just an normal treat for us humans, but super exciting for cats! I accidentally found this out when Roxy surreptitiously helped herself to my bag of candy floss whilst I was watching a film once. Probably unhealthy, but kind of adorable to see a cat eat candy floss! I think it's the melting consistency that she liked. Don't look at me like I'm a bad mother! It was a one off :)

Alex & his mates' suggestion

♥ Alex: Sugar sprinkled on toast.

♥ William: Honey and Marmite sandwiches.

♥ Keiron: Mashed potato and vinegar sandwiches.

Your suggestions

Sarah Mia - Remove the stalks from mushrooms and fill with Salad Cream.

♥ Bryony - Stuffing and Cheese toasted sandwiches.

♥ Hannah - Tuna (plain) and Jam sandwiches. (Hannah discovered this whilst trekking in Zambia when tuna and jam mixed on her knife!)

Emma of Daisy Chain Adventures - Maize Onion rings dipped in Philadelphia.

Emily of My Fashion Life - Here's Emily's plethora of suggestions! Refrigerated Cheese & Onion Mccoy's, microwaved Cheese sandwiches, Pickled Egg in a bag of ready salted crisps, Marmite and Cucumber sandwiches, smashed up Beef & Onion crisps eaten with a spoon. (Haha! Madness!)

♥ Edward - Fish finger, Potato Waffle, Bacon and Cheese sandwiches. Sounds insane!

♥ Alex of Odd Socks and Pretty Frocks - Ready salted crisps (ideally Pringles) dunked in chocolate buttercream

♥ Katie of Katie's Beauty Blog - Sugar and butter on crumpets/Ham and Coleslaw sandwiches (Yum! Definitely trying both of those!)

♥ Kenners - Cheese and Chocolate cake (Anon also suggested Cheese and fruit cake)

♥ Rachel of 'Cause I'd Rather Waste My Life Pretending - Prawn Cocktail crisps and Kit Kat sandwiches (Surely you guys are making some of these up!?)

♥ Sophie of Sophie in Technicolour - Apple slices on toast with grated Cheese on top.

Thanks for getting involved, guys! All these ideas have made me super excited for my next food shop :D

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment