New nail art heights!


Good morning all!

And a special hello to my fellow world cup widows. My boyfriend left our flat a minute ago to watch the opening ceremony at his mates house and won't be back until 10-ish. There's 3 matches a day for the next couple of weeks, so I won't be seeing much of him! I'm going to embrace my new-found singledom and hunt down and seduce Russell Brand spend my time posting lots of lovely blogs!

So, onto the nail art! My wondrous friend Jen bought me some great presents for my birthday to extend my nail art repertoire! Firstly, the Mavala nail correcting pen. I am totally cack-handed and am forever dipping cotton buds into nail polish remover to correct my cock-ups when painting my nails. It's a messy affair and is never very precise, you end up removing half the paint off your nail and having to start over! So I am chuffed to bits with this pen. It comes with 3 replacement tips too, which is excellent.

The other gifts were these cute little nail stickers (available from Boots). You stick them on and pop a top coat over it and voila! Floral and/or bejewelled nails! It's so simple and looks so cute. Here are the stickers and nail correcting pen along with the other bits I used to create my look, below.


(Topshop nail paint in The Big Easy, Nails Inc Caviar top coat)

My nails look a bit dull in the picture because the design is a few days old now and needs another topcoat to smooth and gloss it up. I also have matching toes, which I never do but it feels so nice to have matching tips and toes... I feel like a proper girl! Shame it isn't exactly sandals weather at the moment though.


Whilst we're on the topic of nails, do check out Cat's interpretation of my leopard nails on her blog Cat's Little Obsessions! I seem to have totally lost my leopard nail mojo, and can't do it right any more! I think it could be because I changed liquid eyeliners... :( I might just do it on my toes, that's a lot easier!

Have you got any good nail art recommendations? I've heard a lot about Konad nail stamps, have any of you tried them? The youtube video tutorials do look amazing, but I'm not sure whether to invest...

0 comments:

Post a Comment