Holiday post! Part 1: UK to Madrid


Good evening!

You'll be pleased to know my eyes are feeling lots better after today's crazy opticians eye drop fiasco! I am going to choose some glasses in the morning and am rather excited!

Time to barrage you with pictures of my week long holiday to Madrid (stopping off at Paris for a couple of nights on the way home). This first part will be pictures of the our time in Madrid (and the journey there)... Let's go!

♥ Because of Alex's fear of flying, we caught a sleeper train to Madrid. It was awesome! I barely slept a wink, but it was so fun being in bunkbeds on a train! We had dinner in the restaurant, which was lovely. The third picture is my view out of the window when we woke up in Spain!





♥ When we arrived in boiling hot Madrid at about 9am, we checked into our hotel which was unexpectedly amazing. It was such a big room with great mirrors, twin sinks and a spa shower! Bliss!




♥ We found an amazing restaurant called O Cacho do Jose in a buzzing square by the theatre. Alex ordered some cook your own steak, by accident (language barrier)! He is rather socially awkward, so when all eyes were on him cooking his steak, he was a bit nervous! It was amazing though, and worth the spectacle. I got drunk on 1 glass of Sangria (the shame) and we watched a lady doing some traditional Spanish dancing.





♥ We did a bus tour of Madrid to get a feel for the city, which we all really enjoyed. Here's me on the bus looking naked and windswept. I was neither!



♥ We went to a little cafe at the top of a realllly steep hill full of lush trees and ate some Calamari (Squid). There's so much greenery in Madrid, the trees and plants all look so vibrant, especially with the blue sky as a background. It was beautiful. There was some naughty little birds that kept flying onto the tables in the hope we'd give them some food. We did.




♥ A picture I took of a lovely street near a bar we liked as the sun was going down.



♥ We took a trip to the Bernabeu Stadium (Alex and his family are footie mad!) which I enjoyed much more than I thought I would. It was scorchio, though, hence my little hand held fan! My arm looks hilarious in the first picture if you look at it for a moment, as though it's made from bendy plasticine or something!




♥ A cool little restaurant we went to which had fans spraying mist on us and lovely cushions. Alex and I shared a Paella (I was determined to do some classic Spanish stuff!) which was beautiful. The last pic is of the view from the restaurant of a huge square which had lots of little souvenir type shops and loads of other restaurants.





And to end on a light-hearted note, here's our bed. Can you tell which side is mine? We are chalk and cheese when it comes to tidiness!


And that just about wraps it up for Spain. I have so many more pictures I'd like to share but I understand that not everyone has 6 years to read one blog post. I must set up a Flickr account so I can post a few pictures on here and all the nosey buggers like me can go and see more on my Flickr!

Part 2, coming up tomorrow: Madrid to Paris!

Thanks for reading, and happy 75th birthday to you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment