Holiday post! Part 2: Paris!



Welcome to the second instalment of my holiday pictures! I am typing this with my new glasses on! I will blog about them properly soon, but here's a Twitpic I did earlier for those that want a sneak peek. They are just some cheap granny frames from Specsavers, but they'll do! I don't have to wear them outside the flat really (they're just for computer work and reading) so it seemed pointless to spend lots of money.

So anyway, after Madrid, we got the sleeper train back to Paris and stayed on for a couple of days before heading home. Here are a few key snaps!

♥ Our first day in Paris was spent mooching round the cool Marais district. It's full of cute little places to eat and vintage shops. Definitely a must-visit if you go to Paris.




I had to sneak a pic of this cute guy walking along with a huge bunch of flowers for a lucky lady. Romance seems to come so naturally to the Parisians.



Here's a cute cat I met in Le Marais. He was so stocky it felt like he was made of wood. And fur, obvz. I loved him.



♥ Later on, we went to Guerrisol, Paris' answer to a charity shop. But even better. We discovered it by accident last time we were there. The prices of things change every day (Some days shoes are 10 euros, the next day they could be 3 euros) so we made a few visits there over our short visit! Alex got two lovely denim Levi's shirts and some brogues all for 3 euros each! I'll share my holiday purchases in another post. There weren't many, really!



♥ Here's a beautiful steak I had, which is all the more beautiful now I realise it bares a striking resemblance to a one-legged turtle. The turtle/steak was consumed at our favourite restaurant, Corso.


Here's what I wore to dinner that night:



♥ Just a random snap of some dreamy Parisian apartments.



♥ On our last day in Paris, we went to the fair at the Jardin des Tuilieries, where The Cherry Blossom girl did a lovely shoot recently! Alex and I decided to go on the massive ferris wheel, which turned out to be the most terrifying experience of my entire life.





(Me smiling through the pain, and our view of the eiffel and the rest of the fair from the swinging booth of death!)





If any of you are interested in blind peril, I did try to film a video of the lovely scenes from the ferris wheel but it ended up as footage of my nervous breakdown. I didn't realise it would be so effing scary!! The natural romance of Paris I mentioned earlier was obviously not contagious if Alex's 'SHHHH' and 'BE QUIET, GEMMA' were anything to go by! Watch it on mute for an altogether calmer experience!



♥ Here's a gorgeous moggy which lived in the window of a beauty salon.



♥ Whilst we were waiting to go and catch the Eurostar home, Alex and I were obviously a bit delirious as we thought it would be a really worthwhile idea to pose with a Parisian leaf. Pair of freaks.




The carefree hijinx of leaf-gate were forgotten when we got to the Gare Du Nord to catch the Eurostar home and found there were chronic delays. We were waiting in the station for about 4 hours, and managed to get the last train they sent out. Everyone behind us in the queue had to stay the night! Awful!



♥ Some light refreshments and intellectual reading calmed me right down after all the delays! I finally finished the Louise Rennison books that I stole from my sister to re-live my youth. I thoroughly enjoyed them!



And that was paris in a nut shell, or indeed a turtle shell!

I'm planning to do a Paris guide in the future to share the cool places we've found over the years!

0 comments:

Post a Comment