Tuesday Tip: How to prevent GFS (Gappy Fringe Syndrome)!


The gappy fringe... Destroyer of otherwise nice Facebook photos and the bane of Emo's lives the world over. It's a condition that blighted my confidence for much of my adolescence. Over the years, I've grown to accept it as a fact of life, up there with periods and exercise aversion. Until now.

A recent procrastination session led me to googling 'how to prevent a gappy fringe', and I found the answer I'd been waiting for here. It seems so simple, I just wish I'd tried it sooner!

You have to hold your fringe up and spray hairspray underneath it. I use a strong Tresemme one, and have found it works really well. Spraying it underneath prevents it going all solidified. I spray underneath the fringe and then a little spritz on top and that's it. It's a two pronged attack on gaps. It makes sense really... I was just spraying hairspray on top of my fringe before, which would only serve to weigh it down and make it more gappy!

This method doesn't always hold all day, but it's a vast improvement on my instant-gapping fringe of yesteryear!

So there we go. From gappy to happy in a few squirts of hairspray!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment