Diaper Bag Confessions


So…I have a confession to make: 
I was wrong.

There.  I said it.

Sigh…it was bound to happen at some point.

So remember almost a year ago when I posted about the "perfect" diaper bag?  Well, turns out I really had no clue what I was talking about.  It was before Cooper was born and I was searching for a bag that didn't look like a diaper bag.  So I decided on the Michael Kors Hamilton bag and convinced myself that it would easily fit all of my stuff AND this new baby's stuff and life would be rainbows and sprinkles.

I mean, how much stuff could a baby possibly need?  It's a baby.  I heard they were small. 

Well, then I gave birth to Cooper and I quickly realized that I am clueless in "all things baby."  My poor kid has been the guinea pig of my life and we've learned things the hard way.

So which bag would I buy today if we were doing it all over again?  

Here are my TOP 4 picks for a stylish + functional diaper bag:


TOP LEFT:
Rebecca Minkoff 'Knocked Up'                          

TOP RIGHT:

BOTTOM LEFT: 

BOTTOM RIGHT:

*All four of these bags come stocked with a matching changing pad among a few other accessories.

My Top 3 Important Features to Look for in a Diaper Bag:

1)  Optional shoulder straps
Love the option for a cross body bag…SO helpful when you're hands are full with things like…well…your baby.

2) Must contain a plethora of pockets
I like separate pockets for bottles, formula, change of clothes, small blanket, vodka, and toys.

3) Dark color + Quality fabric
It has to be easy to clean and in a color that matches everything.  I am not a huge fan of cloth bags (they soak up spills/stains) and I don't like foo-foo patterns or super bright colors for a diaper bag.

If Cooper decides he wants a bright yellow bag covered in cartoon giraffes, he should go buy his own bag.  And if he is capable to do that, he best be changing his own diapers!

xo - Marion


0 comments:

Post a Comment