Legs are the new Nails


I gave into my Leopard lust and bought the leggings from Topshop yesterday. I was kinda freaking out about how I'd wear them, but after tonight's epic dress up session, I am feeling much more inspired!

I wore the first outfit to work today. It was the first time I'd ever done the controversial leggings-as-trousers thing. I found it strangely liberating, and luckily my worries about the crotch scenario were unfounded. (I won't be needing any of these!) I do find the print makes my legs look quite chubsville, and for the first time in my life I look like a pear shape rather than the usual 'top heavy', but I don't really mind that. I think curves are cool.

So here are some of the looks I came up with, some good, some not so good:

'Rocky Ibiza' as this look was described by a co-worker earlier today! Kinda bland, but fine for racing around Topshop all day.


[Vest - Topshop, Sandals - Tesco]

A kind of Vintagey Geeky look.


[Top, brogues, headscarf -Vintage]

Rock-ish. Don't like this look much. A bit of a bore. On a brighter note, these are the comfiest heels I've ever owned.


[Top - My Tuesday Tipped charity shop tee, Topshop heels]

Clashy. I really like this little look and the top matches my toe nails which is always a nice touch! I rolled the leggings up to give them a cropped look.



[Top - £6 in the New Look sale, Necklace - h&m, Clogs - Moheda via Sarenza]

I need to go jersey shopping and find some cool baggy tees to wear with them, but I'm glad I've got a few ideas flowing until then! The leggings work out at about £16 with my discount, and I think that's quite bargainous as I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of them.

Can you think of any other ways to style these leggings? And what do you make of the trousers-as-leggings thing? Am I a walking faux pas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment