Tuesday Tip: DIY Ribbon Bow Watch!



Today's tip was a bit of a disaster. I tried Plan A (which involved Duct Tape) but after 2 attempts that didn't go to plan, I gave up and moved onto Plan B. A race around the charity shops to look for a watch ensued, and I couldn't find a decent one anywhere. But I explained my plight to a nice man in the Indoor Market and he found me the perfect watch for this tutorial. Because it was broken inside, he gave me it for free! What a babe!

SO, this tip is about having a customisable watch for any outfit or occasion. You need an old watch with a strap you can cut with scissors (so metal watches are no good for this). These can usually be found easily in charity shops or car boot sales, but obviously the gods weren't smiling on me today! Then all you need is various bits of ribbon from a craft shop for however you want your strap to look. Once you've located a watch, this tutorial is incredibly simple and is something you can use forever. Essentially this is a tip for the skint and lazy like myself!

I got the idea from seeing a Liberty scarf watch in a magazine, but obvz my idea is better because it's unique, interchangeable and cheap cheap cheap! (My 3m of ribbon came to £2!)

Obviously, seeing as the boyf is away I couldn't tie the ribbon straps to my wrist alone, so have had to model them on my hand for you (I tried my ankle but quite frankly it just looked bizarre!)








Hope you liked this week's tip :) Feel free to comment or email me any suggestions for future tips!
My friend Jen is on her way over for a sleepover while Alex is away, so I'd better go and put some clothes on! I'm going to wear my leopard leggings again, seeing as your feedback on them was so good in my last post! Thank you :) Back tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment