Tuesday tip - A bunch of cheap Nail ideas!


Hi gang!

Loving all your entries for the Tesco competition, you are going to make it very difficult for me to choose a winner!

For this week's Tuesday tip, I wanted to share three new dirt cheap nail ideas I've come across lately. Here's my hand after today's experimentation:




First up, a slightly messy but fun glitter nails tutorial! You'll need any old glitter and a cheap topcoat (or one you don't mind potentially getting bits of glitter in!)

[EDIT: The glitter is a bit of a bitch to remove, but it's worth it for the bling!]



For purely glitter nails:

Do a base coat, shake lots of glitter on your nail. Gently squish it down so it sticks to the base coat and tap off the excess glitter. Tidy the edges up with a cotton bud as the glitter sticks to your skin a bit (especially if you put hand cream on before hand, as I learned!) Pop some topcoat on and leave to dry!




For coloured glitter nails, repeat above but instead of a basecoat, do a base of the coloured nail varnish you fancy. Put a topcoat on that once it's dry, and add the glitter and another topcoat to seal it in.




Fimo Fruit Nails

OMG. Fruity nails!! I was stunned when I found out about Fimo 'nail slices' when Selina of Flying Saucer posted about the awesome Tumblr, Fuck Yeah Pretty Nails. Basically, they come from clay canes which are a bit like sticks of rock, with a pattern running all the way through, and you can either buy them like that and cut off your own slices, or buy them pre-sliced like I did.






Wah nails use them (see here and here!) and I was amazed to find 500 slices on eBay (buy them here!) for less than £3 including P&P! Even though they came all the way from HK, they arrived within a week and they'd thrown in a pack of 100 cute character slices too (rabbits/cats etc). I definitely recommend getting some because they make you feel super happy. Plus, if your diet is anything like mine, it's good to feel like you're doing something to get your 5-a-day!

To apply them, you literally just stick them onto your base nail colour or plain basecoat and then do a topcoat over the top.

Stripey nails

I have been wanting to try stripey nails lately, and bought a set of cheap nail art pens on eBay seeing as they're like £4.99 each in Sally's. Most nail art pens can be used either like an actual pen for detail by taking the cap off, or for striping effects by unscrewing the top of the pen. I got 12 pens for about £6.50 inc p&p but they were 60% crap (the brushes kept falling out) so the seller (here, FYI) refunded me but I got to keep them anyway! I have since ordered some better quality 'Nail Star' ones (about £7.50 for 12) which should arrive very soon! Will update!




So, with the nail pens that did work, it was incredibly easy to create striped nails - on both hands! A really quick and easy (and not too expensive) way to jazz up your nails. Here's a nail I did earlier!



And that wraps up my latest nail forays, and probably the last nail-related Tuesday tip in a while because I have lots of cool other ideas in the pipeline, and don't want to seem like a one trick pony!

Off to Tesco for snacks for Big Brother now! :D

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment