The calm before the storm!


Hey!

I hope you had a nice weekend. I had a very uneventful one. I worked Fri, Sat and Sun and spent the nights just chilling with Alex, watching films and reading. It's all go this week, though, as we're off to Madrid on Sunday!

I haven't mentioned my holiday on here much for some reason! I guess it's just crept up on me. We're catching a sleeper train to Madrid (Alex hates flying), and stopping off for a couple of nights in Paris on the way back. Amazing! Shopping recommendations for either city would be much appreciated!

So anyway, this week is a busy one. Tomorrow I'm going strapless bra shopping, as I am aiming to wear nothing but strapless tops in Madrid as I don't want strap lines. It's my first 'hot holiday' since I was about 13, and therefore pretty much my first tanning opportunity since then, so I don't want straps to spoil it. On Wednesday, Alex & I are hitting London for some holiday shopping. I'm going to get most of my holiday gear in Primark, as I am an endless pauper. I can also finally spend my £55 Urban Outfitters voucher from the uni girls, which will be awesome! We're also nipping to the Debenhams Christmas press show.

Thursday night I'm going for drinks with work friends, and I've told them all I'll paint their nails leopard print is they each buy me a drink. A good way to save money! God help the last person whose nails I paint, after all the 'free' drinks! They'll probably have entire leopard print (ish) hands. Friday and Saturday I'm working, and then it's off to Madrid on Sunday! I also need to pack at some point. Dread.

Here's today's outfit (Unfortunately I look like my face is frozen by botox - I can assure you this isn't the case!):


(Dress - a £7.99 h&m bargain! Sandals - Tesco, Jacket & Brooch - Topshop)

Here's a floaty leopard print dress I bought in Dorothy Perkins for a tenner (with discount), which I will probably hang onto unless I find a similar one for 0.05 pence in Primark.


(My fave sunnies, £4.99 from h&m)

Any ideas for what I can wear to stay cool in Madrid's sky-high temperatures? Like I said, it's my first hot holiday in ages, so I am clueless! I'm guessing a hat will have to be involved... Hopefully I'll find a cool straw hat in Primark. Luckily I have a long fringe now... Last time I tried on a hat, I looked like a bald man because it covered up all my hair and fringe. It was embarrassing for all involved.

Gimme tips on how to stay cool, please!! And perhaps how to be cool? I'm stuffed when it comes to either!

0 comments:

Post a Comment