Getting shirty

*** This is my 500th post! Eeep! ***

I've acquired three new dresses this week, and there's a theme emerging. They're all shirty.

I'm not sure why I'm having such a button-y collar-y moment, as these styles of dress usually gape at the boobs, but I can't resist. I'm even planning to buy my first minimiser bra so I can full embrace the trend! Any recommendations?? 

Ignore my awkward appearance in some. Alex took these pictures and I'm always telling him off between shots so my expression/stance can be odd! (He finds it fun to 'accidentally' take my outfit photos from the neck down'. Nonlolz.)

First up, is the new Primark purchase. It has a Kingfisher print on it and is absolutely the loveliest shape.  It is tight on the waist (well, my waist at least! Probably due to my deadline diet of sugary snacks) and has a full skirt so it balances out my boobs. £9 VERY well spent. Well it was an exchange, so it was free!


Next up was part of a lovely big jiffy bag of goodies from Dorothy Perkins - a thank you for taking part in their Denim challenge. I love the print on it (here, and the lovely coral spotty version here). It is a bit longer than I'd usually wear, but I think without leggings and with some nice sandals, it'll look lovely when the weather's hot again. 


Here's a close up of the dress print and my sweet little name necklace, courtesy of My Name Necklace. The 'font' is really quite small, which I like. You an get a silver one on the site for less than £20 and the gold plated once cost more.


The loafers in these outfits were also in my lovely Dorothy Perkins package. Sold out at the mo, but here are the black ones. Roxy has a bit of a foot fetish, and these shoes definitely got her snuggling seal of approval! 


Now for the wildcard. My local (and FAVE) charity shop has this crazy fancy dress rail out the back, and I saw this fab dress on the rail. Age 9-10. It was in such good condition, I figured I could sell it to some stylish skinny minny on eBay.


When I got home, I realised that due to its batwing cut on the armpits and elasticated waist there was an outside chance I could shoehorn myself into it. I put on my most compacting bra, hoisted my boobs up and apart towards my shoulders (to minimise button gaping).. Rolled the sleeves up a bit... 

And I got in it!!!

(I really look like I'm breathing in here, but it isn't that tight at all!) (Now I sound like I'm lying to you and myself, but I'm not!)

Look at the cute underskirt!



(DM's - c/o Very)

It's a bit of a workout to get in and out of it, involving a lot of flailing and swearing, but it pretty much fits! This dress is what motivated me to look for a minimiser bra, as it is a bit gapey between the buttons. AND the 'waist' is more of an empire line, which always makes me look preggo (as if I need the assistance). But whatever! I love it despite its flaws! 

On another note, let me tell you one good thing and one bad thing about my week. 

Bad: I got accidentally punched in the head in Primark by a grade-A Chatham chav! She was turning around whilst pointing her arm out (apparently with great force) as I was trying to get past her and she accidentally socked me in the head! I have a bruise! It was quite a shock, but we all had a good lol about it. 

Good: I got my dissertation grade back. I got a 75!! Completely unexpected, and utterly heartwarming. But now it seems I'm on course for a first-class degree (what with the 81 I got in my Topshop Marketing project - will show you this soon) which piles the pressure on in an epic way for my FMP! It's going to be a long 10 days...

Oh and an extra bad thing (because it was so funny it comes full circle to being a good thing). Yesterday night, I was rooting around the kitchen cupboard for a snack, and I knocked the tub of gravy granules over. In a freak twist, the lid decided to fall off, and the whole tub fell directly onto me, covering me head to toe in gravy granules. Then I had the ridiculous task of clearing it all up off the floor. How completely absurd?!

I shouldn't tell you this stuff. How am I ever going to seem cool? 

Love love love ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment