Unfinished business

Have you ever had a piece of clothing or pair of shoes that you didn't buy at the time and have never forgotten?

I do. 

The Emma Cook for Topshop creeper boots, A/W 2008. 

I can't even remember why I didn't buy these originally. I think I didn't really have much money (do I ever?), and these were about £150 which seemed absurd to pay for some shoes I'd probably not be able to walk in... Plus they sold out so quickly, by the time they were on eBay they were more like £300-400. 

Over the weeks, especially after seeing bloggers regularly parading in theirs, I realised how badly I wanted them. But a size 7 has never crossed my path (at an un-eye-watering price) since. 

I did buy some later versions Cooky created in an attempt to fill the void, but as much as I love them, it's just not the same. 

Not owning these boots is probably my biggest fashion regret.

What a downer of a post! But sometimes fashion is CRUEL. Or, in this case, I was just stingy and then missed the boat. Or should that be 'boot'? 

Have you got any sartorial unfinished business?

Maybe we can read each other's comments and keep an eye out for things for each other on eBay hunts! Or maybe one of you own someone else's fashion regret and fancy selling? (Sorry if eBay is coming up linked for you. I didn't put that link there and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why it's there?! Emailing Blogger as we speak! Mysterious...)

Who knows? It would be nice for there to be a happy ending to this post,  so please share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment