Tuesday Tips: More cute re(tin)vention ideas!

Howdy!

Last week's tinny tip went down so well, I thought I'd make it a tin trilogy with these little ideas! They were all photographed a few weeks ago for my uni project. The benefit of creating a book of tips for my FMP is that I now have tips ready every week rather than waking up on Tuesday and thinking 'WTF am I going to do this week?!?!' and having to ransack my cupboards for inspiration! 

The first tip is using tins to grow your own herbs, or even to keep flowers in. Some of you mentioned this one in the comments last week, so it won't be a new idea to all, but I think it's a cute one! 

Start out by bashing some holes in the bottom for drainage. You can do this using a nail and hammer, or if you don't have either of those handy, you can try my patent-pending skewer and boot technique I revealed last week!


(holez)

Write the name of the herb on the tin if necessary (I used a marker pen). Pop some soil and seeds in, or you can replant a couple of herbs that are already thriving to give them their own space. 

Leave in a sunny place and let nature do it's work!!


This next tip is a like a smaller scale version of my pretty tubs. Decorated tins are ideal for housing trinkets, makeup, coins or anything really! Well, anything small. 

Find a pretty bit of paper. Another excuse to hang onto nice wrapping paper after special occasions! 


Measure how much you'll need (can't remember exact tin measurements, oops!) and snip. 


Glue all over the outside of the tin, and wrap the paper around it, sticking it down firmly.


Here's the final product! My paper is from Paperchase (<3), by the way. 


My tin is currently housing my lippies and lipbalms!


Cheap, cute storage! My favourite kind! I think a few of these (each with different paper on, perhaps) would look so cute on a dressing table or desk for all your bits and bobs. 

What do you reckon? 

Any other tinny tips out there? May have to draw the line at creating 'telephones' with tins and string... 

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment